GB.19 Aircraft Nose Art Introduction

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

....or. :lol:

plane39a.jpg

OK One more :D Theres a "Mickey Mouse" Hs-123, would that qualify? :D It was a KC's mount just not sure if its a squadron emblem for that perticuler unit

Last edited:
From what I understand Igor, this was the emblem of Galland in his days when flying ground support missions. So for my vote, it's okay.

As for my entry guys, I may have to give it a miss as I'm on a mega walkabout for a good part of this GB. Depending on mood and time when I get back in early November, I may jump in.

Not that I have the skills at this time,but would this qualify

Attachments

• Gotha G.IV (LVG) 991~16, MoRoTas, November 1917.jpg
    Gotha G.IV (LVG) 991~16, MoRoTas, November 1917.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 73
I think I have every thing moved to the new folder and setup right for the this build. Let me know or one of the other moderators know if something is wrong.

Thanks Paul

Not quite sure about the Micky Mouse badge - I believe it was a unit emblem, left over from the Spanish Civil war, and adapted later. Galland of course then adopted it for his personal emblem, as did a couple of other pilots, although in various modified forms.

Not quite sure about the Micky Mouse badge - I believe it was a unit emblem, left over from the Spanish Civil war, and adapted later. Galland of course then adopted it for his personal emblem, as did a couple of other pilots, although in various modified forms.

Noooooo :D lol hmm There is a possible change,
I've been able to find that some aircraft after the Spanish Civil War kept the Emblem after Galland left the unit. Nothing on specific Hs-123s in the Unit my Hpt. was in... odd not a lot of info. on Mickey.

Last edited:
Check it out further first Igor. Although know it was used as a unit marking at one time, I don't know enough about the aircraft, pilot or time period to positively say it was not a personal marking used by him. If it was, then fine.

Check it out further first Igor. Although know it was used as a unit marking at one time, I don't know enough about the aircraft, pilot or time period to positively say it was not a personal marking used by him. If it was, then fine.

There is very little info. about the unit, or him as a pilot, but whatever I dig up, his aircraft seems to be the only one with that unit marking, unless he flew another aircraft (such as the bf-109) in the unit, which was marked with the mickey mouse. It was also in blue vs other examples that I see in red in other units. I'll check some more and comment tomorrow, sometimes it takes a day or two to dig up something cool)

So far I have found the unit marking for Schlachtgeschwader 1 which wasn't this mickey mouse one, it could be that the plane was a left over from the Spanish Civil War? Just colored over in Green. Vs the splinter but I'm still not sure why they would keep the Mickey if it was so, anyway I'll keep looking :D

Last edited:
I found it, its LG 2's emblem (at least almost identical) , when they became Sch.G 1 they switched to another one, Hpt. Menapace was the only one who kept it on his mounts as it was a good luck charm (he ended up completing around 650 combat missions in his hs-123 ) , his emblem differed a bit from LG 2s but it is the exact same style (I've found less detailed designs and some with driping blood from the axe). He went on to fly with Sch.G 1 where he flew with the mickey in my gb thread :D

That is like a yes and no right there lol :D (I always end up picking the really odd ones :(

If I need to switch I could try Lt. Haman's crazy Hs-123, if that isn't "Nose Art" I don't know what is lol :D

Last edited:
I found it, its LG 2's emblem (at least almost identical) , when they became Sch.G 1 they switched to another one, Hpt. Menapace was the only one who kept it on his mounts as it was a good luck charm (he ended up completing around 650 combat missions in his hs-123 ) , his emblem differed a bit from LG 2s but it is the exact same style (I've found less detailed designs and some with driping blood from the axe). He went on to fly with Sch.G 1 where he flew with the mickey in my gb thread :D

That is like a yes and no right there lol :D (I always end up picking the really odd ones :(

If I need to switch I could try Lt. Haman's crazy Hs-123, if that isn't "Nose Art" I don't know what is lol :D
Had to google that,...Definitely would be a contender in my book!

This one, its a crazy mount :) I think he only used it for 1 or 2 training flights ( everyone was pulling for him :D) but he went and got his license after and I think he got killed in Poland flying a Stuka.

I have an article about it and the German Magazines love his aircraft :D it has more pictures than Galland and Hartman's planes put together lol

Heres one side:

hen_zps99f11f38.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back