GB.19 Aircraft Nose Art Introduction

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I am unable to 100% complete a kit due to transport reasons, can it still be judged? Reason I ask is that I'll be building the Airfix Lanc in 1/72, and it'll be finished long before this GB is over since I have to have it done by Christmas since it's a gift, but I only have so much time left to paint. I have to get it to Toronto, so I'd like to leave the guns and propellers off so they don't bust during transport, and I can just glue them on in TO.

Work for me Cory. As Terry observed, guns were normally removed and cleaned after missions so aren`t an essential feature of a completed build. As for the props, just press them on the shafts without glue, take your pics and take them off again.

Hope it survives the trip!

Well, I went to start my GB 19 entry last might and could not find it! I searched everywhere, went through my entire stash and it was nowhere to be found. I have another P-40F in the stash but the decals I bought for this build were in the box of the missing model. I'm sure it will turn up, and as I do not intend to do any extra detailing in the cockpit on this one (I have enough open cockpit P-40s on the display shelves already) I can still make it as long as it turns up in the next month. For now I think I'll concentrate on the long line of unfinished builds I have laying around.

Yep, a whole box. It has me scratching my head let me tell you. The last time something like this happened I lost a P-40 model from my display shelf. Turned out my wife accidentally knocked it off and stepped on it then got rid of the evidence. I eventually found the broken prop and spinner and she came clean about it. She insists she knows nothing about this disappearance though.
I've ordered a 1/72nd P-40N to go with some decals I have and will make a start on it instead of the missing P-40F, but I really wanted to do that one for this GB. Maybe it will still turn up in time.

The picture source - " An interrogation " - Polish movie, 1982.

przesłuchanie.jpg

przesłuchanie1.jpg

przesłuchanie2.jpg

I was wondering if something like this meets the GB requirements?

Attachments

• 703-g6_1.jpg
    703-g6_1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 85
Great to see you again Igor :) I think it would fit? but we have to wait for the Judges :D :)

To be verified by the LW Experten but I do believe the eye is a personal marking though used by a couple of pilots, Alfred Surau being another. I would allow it unless it was used by the whole staffel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back