GB 20 Question...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I looked at the victory production decal sheet vpd32005 and the are for 109E-3 and g-6 my kit is a eduards 1/32 109E-4/7 I don't think that will work out so well.

That would be cool (and not a P-40!)
Ahem!
What is wrong with a P-40, may I ask?
One of the finest examples of American ingenuity, spread across the world as a great bit of "Hands across the sea" and all that. Served in every major, (And minor), theater of operation. Served from the beginning to the end, as did the much vaunted Spitfire. Classic lines, looks great with teeth painted on, what's not to love?
Poor, mis-understood P-40,...
I love you, even if those mean Canadians don't!

Nothing against the poor old P40, just we tend to see rather a lot of them. I would say that it is typical and natural of people to be more interested in and to prefer aircraft from their own countries but I am a bit surprised that so many Americans seem to prefer the P40 over rival American types, again nothing against the P40 it just doesn't seem like the obvious favourite considering the competition.

Everybody can do P40's for all I care, in actual fact a group build of P40's may not be a bad idea.

Now you're talking! Let's add it to the list.

When would you like it Glenn……………………….2020!!

Just Kidding.

b0227.gif

Now you're talking! Let's add it to the list.

Perhaps it could be done a little sooner than 2020 as a kind of side issue or special build just for a bit of grin, perhaps just in 1.72 to make a quicker job of it?
There a lots of different schemes that a P40 can be done in thanks to their being spread evenly across the world.

This one?

Date: 14-SEP-1944
Time:
Type: de Havilland Mosquito PR.Mk.XVI
Owner/operator: 653 WR Sqn USAAF
C/n / msn:
Fatalities: Fatalities: / Occupants: 2
Airplane damage: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Location: RAF stn Watton / USAAF Sta 376, Norfolk - * United Kingdom
Phase: Landing
Nature: Military
Departure airport:
Destination airport: Watton/Sta 376
Narrative: Landing accident.
Crew: Ford D. PORTER Jr. (pilot) USAAF

I'm going to enter this GB but can't decide which one of two models I'll enter. I don't fancy doing both so will leave it up to you guys to pick for me if you like.

Option 1: 1/48 Hasegawa Kittyhawk IV RAAF Cleopatra III (Yeah it would be yet another P-40)

1_02.jpg

Option 2: 1/48 Eduard Hellcat Mk II of 808 Sqdn FAA flown by Argentinian Oscar Lorenzo

JZ796 foto autografiada.jpg

I did Cleopatra III in the Commonwealth GB. Wouldn't mind to see your take on it Andy.
Just saying... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back