GB 20 Question...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LOL Wayne, Russian was captured but what about Swedish, Croatian, Bulgarian and Spanish Bf-109's oh and I forgot the Japanese purchased a few if I remember right though they did not see combat?

These nations purchased the German aircraft.

If you guys like you could do a FW-190 in Yugoslavian colors :D or Ju-87 or P-38 :D heheheh or B-17 in Yugoslavian colors (yes we had all those :D)

I've just now been able to look at each and every entry thread, I gotta take some time to digest them. Some pretty exciting entries. GB's just get better and better. Good ones.

we go for a question,

who can tell me if the Tupolev Tu 2 or pe 2 serve?,

as both were in countries that were not the USSR.

and if so any pictures that I may have to take action to the decals?????

Both of bombers were used by Polish Air Force. But these just after the war. Czechoslovakian Air Force operated some Pe-2FT aircraft in the 1st Czechoslovakian Mixed Air Division in Soviet Union (1. československá smíšená letecká divize v SSSR). Aircraft were used operationally since 14 April 1945.

So you may have aproblem with foreign service of these bombers.

serious one that could make me think the following model 6 would only have to find the decals and either do as we say here 13-14, (a wrench), I download it and print it or buy it in Spain or appear so as always to buy out

Package.jpg

I'd love to see a Swiss Me-262 marking bird, they had one right (one ran out of fuel and landed in Switzerland)? anyone know if they ever painted it over in Swiss markings? :D

But I don't think it can be run for the GB. Just it has to be considered as a captured one . Also the Me 262 was for the Swiss a desirable testing object only. They found out, that in the fuel tanks were only 80 l fuel, enough for 3 minutes. After the Me had undergone various tests they placed it in a hangar. In 1957 the Me 262 was handed over to the Deutsches Museum in Munich, as a contribution to the reconstruction of the aviation exhibition, that was destroyed during the war.

Hmmmmm......
One is thinking of Avro Lancaster B. X, those built in Canada....should be legal, right? :lol:

If possible and if I can get in gear with my Catalina, I've got two B.X's so far...

KB706 ************ C/N #37007 ****** code.. VR-A
Delivered to England in Dec.43. Issued to #419 Sqdrn. Lost on a 442 a/c raid to 'Aachen' with a strength of 264 Lancaster's with the target being the two railway yards east of the town. The bomber casualties were 18 Halifax's and 7 Lancaster's and this aircraft went missing with (WAG)P/O (D.M.Robson), F/O G.R.Lauder, P/O W.G.Lillico, Sgt B.R.Morgan RAF, (N)T.H.J.Smith RAF, R.LBeadie RAF, J.Hoarty RAF, J.W.Grimwade no survivors. 24/25.5.44

KB713 ************ C/N #37014 ****** code.. VR-X
Carried the markings from April, 1944 until it was shot down during a raid on the railyards at Louvain, a 120 aircraft attack on 'Louvain' with the strength of 20 Lancaster's from #6 #8 PFF Groups on the railway yards causing heavy damage, with a loss of 2 Lancaster's from #419 Sqdrn. the other being KB710. Attacked by a JU-88 nightfighter on the way to the target and crashed at Coxyde,near Reminge, Belgium. on 12.5.44, with (P) P/O B.F.Edwards, H.E.Oddan, J.A.Webber, P.Dewar, F/O R.R.Campbell, Sgt J.R. Carruthers RAF, (WAG)WO (R.S.Smith) all killoed. 12/13.5.44. total 80hrs

Not counted as 'Foreign Service' old chap. Those squadrons serving in the ETO were part of RAF administration, and within the RAF Squadron numbering system, as were Czech and Polish squadrons. You could maybe stretch it for a Halifax of the Free French Forces, given you got the period correct, when the aircraft wore French roundels - because they're French (with apologies to Elvington, and a joke that refuses to die!!).

Yes, but under RAF admin, included in the allocated RAF numbering, and considered part of 'us', not foreign, and carried RAF markings.
It can be compared to the RAF 'Eagle' squadrons, and their Spitfires. They were all American, but part of the RAF, and carried RAF markings, with pilots in RAF uniform and RAF rank badges. But, when these three squadrons transferred to the USAAF, 8th AF, 4th FG, then they were in 'foreign service' - with the same aircraft and same personnel, but another country's markings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back