G'day from Australia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is good to find a Forum devoted to one of my loves: Aircraft. I have never been in a position to learn to fly and now, approaching 70 years of age and with poor eyesight and blind in the starboard eye and a dicky ticker, I would never pass the medical. So I have fun with my MS Flight Simulator 2004. The pics are in my photo album. I suppose I could get into a Cessna 172 and a Twin Otter and fly them. They are the planes I use most of the time in the Sim, especially the Twin Otter. I have mastered getting it down at Lukla, in Nepal -on the Sim, of course. I must have about 300 aircraft on that Sim, including most of the WWII aircraft of the RAF, USAAF (USAF), Luftwaffe and Japan.

I was brought up on the "Biggles" books and learned much about WWII from them. My father fostered my interest in Aircraft and bought me books and models ( not flying ones). A friend of his had the Flight Manuals for the B24 - a two volumn set. I got a loan of them , but was too honest and returned them when I had studied them.

I was to be a photographer and some of the work I got was aerial. I loved going up the Cessnas I chartered, either 172, or 182 depending on the job. The work was for Property Developers in Melbourne, Australia.

How's this for a Sim.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0382_1.JPG
    IMG_0382_1.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
G'day eccles. Welcome from another new member. I cant fly either, but love aircraft having lived very close to them all my working life. Now I just make plastic ones with the aid of a magnifying light and love it.8)

Oh My !! Another digger !! Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the place.... most of us do.
You're also one of the older fellows on the forum [I'm 75]. BTW, that's a great sim....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back