Geedee's (and everyone else's) 'OMG, I forgot the colour !' Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it a new game?

I went to Duxford too...

Attachments

• Duxford_BW_1.jpg
    Duxford_BW_1.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 97
Well, I didn't really like the way my first attempt on the Corsairs turned out, so I went for round 2...I think it turned out a bit better this time.

Then I decided to have a little bit more fun!

It's kind of interesting to try and "age" modern photos, when you're usually trying to clean up or salvage vintage photos :lol:

Attachments

• GeeDee_F4Ub.jpg
    GeeDee_F4Ub.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 77
  • GeeDee_Brits_a.jpg
    GeeDee_Brits_a.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 84
Well, I didn't really like the way my first attempt on the Corsairs turned out, so I went for round 2...I think it turned out a bit better this time.

Then I decided to have a little bit more fun!

It's kind of interesting to try and "age" modern photos, when you're usually trying to clean up or salvage vintage photos :lol:

That Spittie shot is brilliant !.

The beauty of that one is that there is nothing else in the frame to distract from the image, and there is nothing to bring it into the present. When doing 'vintage' shots, you need to watch for stuff in the background that is going to give away the era.

I did a whole series of shots from a Civil War re-enactment that I did completely in monochrome with sepia. Unfortunately, I had to watch for power lines and cars! Kind of takes away the timeframe with a newer pickup truck in the background!

Oh, and one more thing, bring up the highlighting a little bit. Old time cameras were easy to overexpose, so alot of the old shots are a little blown out on highlights. There is a fine balance, but this gives you an idea.

DSC_1698.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back