Geedee's (and everyone else's) 'OMG, I forgot the colour !' Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LOL @ Gary...the Albatross does look like an antenna fob from that perspective!

As far as the jet being an L-39, cool! I'm not too familiar with them, that's why I was having to ask. At first glance, I thought it was a F-5 but didn't look right!

Thanks for the info, Eric, and the photos are excellent!

Cool history behind the Albatros, and it's a good looking little ship, thanks for the link, Eric!

A while back, I grabbed a shot looking out of the radio operator's skylight on Nine-O-Nine when it was in town.

Thought it would be kind of fun to do a little "editing", like add some clouds, prop blur, etc. and give it a "vintage photo" look!

Attachments

• B-17_window.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 99
Here's a "period" photo of an A6M3...ironically, the exact same aircraft as in Eric's photo

Taken yesterday on the ramp at Redding Airport, it was one of many that didn't turn out well, but sure made a good subject for a little "aging"...

Attachments

• IMGP7879-aged.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Thanks!

I may try and "vintage up" that photo with the Mitchel and the Zero...

I wasn't too happy with that one...but getting a photo with an A6M right on the tail of a B-25 is rare, so I'll take it no matter how crappy it came out!

Users who are viewing this thread