Geedee's P-51D Cockpit Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been n seen it, its f'in excellent! He's rigged the throttles to engine sounds and the controls to the DR compass.....mind you he hasnt updated his site in AGES! not sure if he's still alive tbh as its been a few years since I went...

Thanks for your continued support guys (crickey...over 40 K hits !!!...I'm speechless !!). I've got a confesion to make, I haven't done any work on my babe for the past few months. :oops:

However, I did go out into the shangar and get the covers off yesterday to try out my latest bit for her. I got this from the States and Tony brought it back after his latest visit.

The mirror is in fantastic condition (I dont think its been mounted at all !) and yes, its a small part, but when I've made the section of sliding canopy I'm hoping to make, its going to mounted up there in pride of place.

Apologies for the far from good pics as I'm having problems with my camera and I've taken some with my 'mobile'.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 152
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 149
  • mp1.jpg
    mp1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 139
Good deal Gary. It looks just like the one that came with my windscreen. I really need to get back to work on mine too but don't seem to have the time. I was down in the basement yesterday getting something out of the freezer and took the sheet off and sat in it for a minute.

:oops: 5000 + hits since the last update in March and now on page three....I really need to get my rsend into gear !!!.:oops:

Due to pressures of work and stuff around the homestead (have hardly posted on here for a while. You aint forgotten chaps !!), haven't really had the time to do any work on my Babe,.

I did manage to take her up to Leiston over the May Bank holiday weekend.

Leiston, in Suffolk, was the home of the 357th Fighter Group (some very famous chaps flew with them, Anderson, Shea, Yeager, Carson) and having spoken to the guys earlier about the possibility of bring her along for their Memorial event, I'm pleased to say that the whole weekend was a fantastic experience (I'm going back next year !! :)), with some very good contacts made, stories told and some great fly-overs.

I did raise a glass in the evening and also took the opportunity to put my Babe next to the on-site' 51'.

I do have planned a heap of stuff, but I've had to cancel plans to go to this years CockpitFest, and with Flying Legends just around the corner and then my Warbird trip to the US in Mid July, I'm probably not going to be doing much until its winter time again !!. Please bear with me

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
  • L2.jpg
    L2.jpg
    949.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Good stuff Gary. It's a shame neither of us can get to Cockpit Fest this year, but maybe we can meet up at Bottisham in September.

Thanks chaps.

Sharp Gary, very sharp
Thanks Aaron

She looks good next to the real thing Gary!
Lol. Cheeky b*gger !

Great stuff Gary. Where are you headed in July?
Somewhere over the Pond, playing with a '17, a '24 and of course a '51. :D

Very nice!
Cheers dude. Still need to learn how to polish with a buffer and stop the 'streaky' effects. I'll get there !

Good stuff Gary. It's a shame neither of us can get to Cockpit Fest this year, but maybe we can meet up at Bottisham in September.
Date is 29 Sept and I'm going to do my best to get there. Been supporting Jason and his crew for a number of years and they are an enthusiastic bunch of peeps.

Nice going Gary. Love the last shot!
Thanks mate

Looking good, Gary. I know what you mean about being busy. Too many things get in the way of fun sometimes.
It's a right royal pain the Rsend. But hey....it's tough at the top as they say !

Going to miss your annual Cockpitfest update Gary
Me too !. However, next year should be a good one.

Yep, got the date in my diary. Maybe just as well we aren't going to Newark - the weather forecast has everything apart from a plague of locusts - and it wouldn't surprise me if they arrived too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back