German language question. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spanish would probably be the language then. But there are just tooooooooooo many exceptions. The preterit and imperfect tense. Accent marks, when to put them.

Yo, tu, el, ella, usted, nosotros, vosotros, ellos, ellas and Ustedes all have different spellings for the same word. It can get confusing.

:rolleyes: :lol:

My French class was a real pain. My teacher was French and drove us crazy with her world view. German ended up being a better match and easier for me to learn. What are your goals? If you are looking for college, Latin will help your SAT or ACT sore. I know the school do not offer eastern and middle eastern languages but they are in demand in the US. You have lots of options.

DBII

My French class was a real pain. My teacher was French and drove us crazy with her world view. German ended up being a better match and easier for me to learn. What are your goals? If you are looking for college, Latin will help your SAT or ACT sore. I know the school do not offer eastern and middle eastern languages but they are in demand in the US. You have lots of options.

DBII

My cousin is going to Wake Forest University and he took Latin and did very well. It seems a bit tough. And my Spanish teacher is the same way with world views it is SO annoying!

Spanish would probably be the language then. But there are just tooooooooooo many exceptions. The preterit and imperfect tense. Accent marks, when to put them.

Yo, tu, el, ella, usted, nosotros, vosotros, ellos, ellas and Ustedes all have different spellings for the same word. It can get confusing.

:rolleyes: :lol:

German is no different...

Bit of advice...I believe that if you really want to learn a foreign language then you must use it in every day life. After learning German language for almost 10 years in school, but not using it at all after that, I forgot almost everything. On the other hand I started learning English only in high school and even then only as a second language. However, by using it every day since I started university, both in my studies and other things (internet, cable TV, comics and books, etc) I came with it to this point where I'm now...
Absolutely correct.

Right...I completed German grammar when I was 19 during 6 months I had no chance to use it to forget.
I miss my lost skill now:cry:

German confuses me sometimes. A lake in Dutch is "meer", while in German it is "Zee". A sea in Dutch is "zee" and in German "Meer". So german isn't logical after all :lol:

Yo, tu, el, ella, usted, nosotros, vosotros, ellos, ellas and Ustedes all have different spellings for the same word. It can get confusing

The "vosotros" thing is only used in Spain, and not even all Spain. The german is not such hard actually my problem with the "die" der" " des" and others. Still learning.

Italiano is easy , you just need to move the hands a lot when speaking.8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back