Gnomey's Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice! :thumbleft: That last shot in post 213 is really, really nice. The winter shots are nice too, a lot of stark whites in those.

Ditto !. That is a cracking shot. Good eye to catch it !

You should put a water-mark (pun intended) on that one before some-one copies it and sells it to a calender / biscuit tin lid company !

Here is the only place without a watermark (only the small copyright notice). Everywhere else is either to small (Flickr) or is watermarked (DA). Been meaning to try and sell that one but haven't got around to it yet.

Kenmore_from_Acharn_by_hnosyalnif.jpg

Had to have another look! Really nice work Hugh, and I still love that last one of the loch. Now that I've 'gone digital', I'm intending to get up the road to the Peaks and the forest in spring, to get some season-change shots, which I'll post when done.

Here is some sunsets from my travels last summer (also a test of watermark).

#1 - Zambezi River, Zimbabwe/Zambia Border
#2 - Etosha National Park, Namibia
#3 - Chobe National Park, Botswana
#4 - Chobe National Park, Botswana
#5 - Okavango Delta, Botswana
#6 - Chapman's Peak Drive, Cape Town, South Africa
#7 - Orange River, South Africa/Namibia Border
#8 - Ayres Rock, NT, Australia
#9 - North West Cape, WA, Australia

Attachments

• IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3299.jpg
    IMG_3299.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3302.jpg
    IMG_3302.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4643.jpg
    IMG_4643.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4400.jpg
    IMG_4400.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 72
Looks like my back garden...desolate and with a bl**dy great big weed !:D

That is a cracking picture, nice and simple in layout and one of those sort of shots that you can get 'lost in' wishing you where there.

First batch from Spring Break Skiing in Norway. There aren't too many because I didn't have my camera with me that much so I could have more fun skiing (not having to worry about breaking it).

#1: Statue in the Centre of Lillehammer.
#2: Lillehammer Olympics Ski Jump
#3: The Olympic Torch Man in the Woods
#4: My Brother Doing a jump
#5: Jump Sequence of my Brother

Will sort through some other shots and get some landscapes for you all. Also have some from when I got back home again but they are still on the camera.

Attachments

• Sequence.jpg
    Sequence.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6104.jpg
    IMG_6104.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6047.jpg
    IMG_6047.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6028.jpg
    IMG_6028.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6135.jpg
    IMG_6135.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 84
Those are real nice, Hugh. That jump shot with your brother up in the air looks like a cover shot for a skiing magazine. You've got a good eye. :thumbleft:

Nah it isn't that good, the covers of skiing magazines generally have more dramatic shots than that although perhaps a similar style, although they are normally shot from the side rather than from head on (depending on line).

Some landscape shots of Norway. Nothing really anything special but I know some where wanting to see what the place looked like.

All are taken from the top of the mountain (except the last which was taking from the top of the park).

The houses you can see in some of the pics are where we skied down through as that was the off piste route and then into the trees you can see just below them.

I have some Spring pictures I'll post in the next couple of days as I sort them out as well.

Attachments

• IMGP3758.jpg
    IMGP3758.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 85
  • IMGP3765.jpg
    IMGP3765.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGP3767.jpg
    IMGP3767.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6044.jpg
    IMG_6044.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 90
Surprised, thought someone would of commented on those last shots even though they aren't great as people were wondering what it looked like where I was skiing.

Anyway here is two shots I have been meaning to post. 2 shots of daffodils in my garden at home, second one is slightly touched up in Photoshop (who can tell what I did?).

Attachments

• IMG_6167.jpg
    IMG_6167.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6171.jpg
    IMG_6171.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 81
Man, I must have missed your previous post!

Sorry about that...pretty cool to be going skiing in Norway, the lanscape looks to be somwhat Alpine, as the trees aren't all that tall.

The last photo in your last post, with the "enhanced" Daffodil looks to have been adjusted with the Hue/Saturation/Brightness with a slight Gaussian Blur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back