GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wow...

Here we are, almost 3 months into the new year and things have been so weird here at home, that I'm just now getting back to this thread.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the fireworks shots and would you believe they were almost deleted after I shot them, because they weren't the "traditional" style of fireworks photos. But after some friends looked at them, and really liked them, I started to see a different style in the shots and realized that they had a unique quality all thier own.

Things have been kind of slow, photography-wise, with the exception of a few landscape shots and a ton of photos of projects at work. I did grab a few shows over the weekend, I'll post a macro of one of my Violets in bloom (they're insane...blooming in full force in the dead of winter) and the other is a shot of some moss growing in my frost-battered Spider plant container. It hangs above eye level, so I had no idea I had a thick carpet of moss in there until I pulled it down to clean up the frost damage.

The Moss macro is followed by a standard shot that shows roughly the area pictured in the zoom.

Attachments

• IMGP9362[1024x681].jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGP9365[1024x681].jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMGP9367[1024x681-ed].jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 93
Well, I've been getting photos, but most of it has been work-related.

The weather has been real sucky for good shootin' as well

I was able to grab a cool shot yesterday evening, though...we've been having some interesting spring-like weather the past few days, and a fast moving storm cell passed through town (actually, one of many) bringing wind, torrential rains, hail and even a few snow flurries. All in between the occasional sunshine. On my way to the store after work, I saw this as I was pulling into the parking lot...and as luck would have it, I had my Pentax with me (I'm learning to keep it with me).

I'll sure be glad when the "aircraft season" gets underway and I can get in some pix!

Attachments

• IMGP9797[1024x681].jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 75
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the rainbow shot. We've had some interesting weather recently, but no sunsets, which this time of year is usually has.

That's a really cool shot, Dave. I'll be that would make a good enlargement, say 16x20 or so.
I might have to see about getting a print done of that shot. Not sure if you, or anyone else who's at FaceBook, saw my rainbow montage I posted a while back, but we had a harsh storm front roar through, and in it's wake, was a rainbow so dang large, I couldn't get it in a single shot. I had to shoot a series of shots, and then peice them together in Photoshop. The original is really large...seriously, so I had to make a much smaller copy so I could post it here.

The second photo is the best I could do for "things on the wing", since there have been no aircraft (or airshows) around lately. I suppose a Turkey Buzzard riding a thermal will just have to do!

Attachments

• 022410_rainbow[1013x402].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP10103[1024x681].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread