heinkel he177 A-5 by airfix

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
another of the kits needing restoration found in store recently,this was the last kit i started when i was 19 but never finished,it has survived very well as has the box with all the unfitted parts still present,pics to follow shortly once i've downloaded them from my phone,i'm finding it more fun restoring the broken kits than building the new one's,

thanks for looking

bob1166.jpg

bob1171.jpg

bob1167.jpg

pics of the condition of the model,i also found the box with the rest of the unfitted parts still there,pic 2 shows the damage to the front of the cockpit,

thanks for looking

bob1176.jpg

the kit was repaired and the unfitted parts put on including the undercart
bob1184.jpg

bob1181.jpg

bob1179.jpg

then the camo was added
bob1183.jpg

pic showing canopy repaired
bob1253.jpg

bob1256.jpg

bob1264.jpg

i'm quite pleased with the results considering the state of her,lots of detailing still to do including a coat or two of matt varnish

The last picture, is it just an optical illusion or is it really 1/72 scale? That pic makes it look almost like a 1/144 scale.

Almost bought a Airfix 1/72 Heinkel He 177 not too long ago, just because of the classic old boxart! Great save!

Looking forward to get the kit, it's still in its shrinkwrap! 8)
Just the Lancaster, Halifax (Airfix and Matchbox) and possibly their B-29 and I can have a nostalgia trip down Memory Boulevard! :lol:

Last edited:
Cool! In this case, I don't give a rats hairy arse, about accuracy etc., its all about going back to the good old days of being a snotty and cheeky wee lad... :lol:

'Aye, I've done the homework...! (As if!)' :lol:

Also, after some serious concideration and many hours of tough negotiations, with a fellow member south of Adrian's Wall, I've decided to skip Airfix 1/72 Blenheim for Frog's version, which will be a first as I've never build a Frog kit before.....think that they were gone before I started my plastic career, at least I never saw their kits in Sweden when I was at the first time....

That looks like typically wonderful box art by Roy Cross.
It's been sanitised nowadays,no bombs dropping or burning engines.

I'm in the process of building Revell's He 177 in the unusual for me 1/72 scale. The box art might not be up to the old Airfix standard but it's a very nice kit.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back