Hey guys

Red Baroness

Airman
45
0
Joined
May 21, 2007
Location
Upstate New York
Just a short note to let you know I'm doin' fine, had my son on the 20th, weighing in at 8 pounds and 20.5 inches. He's going to be a big boy.

We named him Walter Otto - Walter after Walter Oesau and Walter Schuck, and Otto after my great-grandfather.

Here's a couple of shots - Peter with him and me, looking half-dead, with him. ROFL.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0007.JPG
    IMAG0007.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0022.JPG
    IMAG0022.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 235
My congrats as well. My niece's daughter had twin girls this am. Both
under five pounds. Does that make me a great great uncle ??

Charles
 
Congrats!
Now you´ll enjoy the life...
First one?
 
same here Roman a bit odd I think, and I have to admit I am a bit peeved as that was a hard earned decoration reserved for the aces.

maybe your husband may not think so but feel it is in bad taste
 
Yeah I was actually wondering that too.
 
Congrats! Bombardier drops ours in January (Dec if we're lucky....gotta love taxes!).
 
Peter's a re-enactor and just got back from a small show, didn't have time to change. He portrays an Oberst of JG 1; we are finishing up the uniform soon and he needs to get the period spectacles to finish it out.

Yep, Walter is my first, and my only. I'm too old to be having any more.
 
Congrats. Parenting is one hell of a journey, but the rewards are many.
 
yep, mystery solved. We in fact are members of a German-american club and some of the veterans (and we're not talking american ones) love Peter when he shows up for the big events in the uniform with the offending symbol blacked out - he hardly has to pay for beers, but always helps with everything - and fends off the little old ladies. :twisted: I always get a giggle out of that. Sometimes I wish he'd wear tracht instead of the uniform, but as long as he wears it with respect and isn't a dork in it (aka gets too drunk and acts too stupid) I'm okay with it to an extent.

He makes quite an impression in the re-enactments, because of his height. I'm sewing on the sidecap trim in my spare time (which means I'll have it ready by next year LOL) - most of the uniform trims and what not I had to do on my own.

It's a labor of love, really.

Walt's turned into quite the nightfighter - he had trouble sleeping last night. :zombiesmile:
 
Just a short note to let you know I'm doin' fine, had my son on the 20th, weighing in at 8 pounds and 20.5 inches. He's going to be a big boy.

We named him Walter Otto - Walter after Walter Oesau and Walter Schuck, and Otto after my great-grandfather.

Here's a couple of shots - Peter with him and me, looking half-dead, with him. ROFL.
Red Baroness, Glad you are all OK! Take care and God bless!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back