Hi everyone

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
Thought I would finally get around to formally introducing myself.

This is my third go around at modelling. Most of my first kits were done before I went off to college and have since met grisly fates.

The second set were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.

So now that I've resettled in Tarheel country, I am on my THIRD pass at this hobby. LOL

My current collection of completed kits is pretty small - about 12 planes total - mostly Italian fighters / bombers in a mix of Spanish Civil War and Italian markings, and a set of US early seaplanes.

My UNCOMPLETED collection is now at over 100 kits (a fact that my wife CONSTANTLY reminds me of) and is mostly WW2 axis with a growing collection of modern era USA warplanes (EA-6 Prowler, F-4J, F-14A, F14D, F-15E, F-16 Block 50, AV-8 Harrier II+, A-10 Warthog, F-18E, F-18F, S-3B VIking, E-2C Hawkeye, F-111, A-37 DragonFly and an Ov-10 Bronco).

On the workbench, I have the following:

Hasegawa Fw 190 A-8
Hasegawa Me 262 A-1
Hasegawa Me 262 B-1/U-1 (x2 - one kit is an old Smer/Heller kit that is getting some Major overhaul)
Italeri Hs 123 A-1
Airfix Hs 126 A-1
Revell / Lindbergh He 162 A-2 (x2)
AeroPlast Bf 109 B 109 E-1
Revell Ar 240 A-0

All in 1/72

Anyway, Just wanted to say hi. :D

Dwight

Wow, that's some "to do" list. You will feel like at home on this site. Wish you welcome to the forum and to enjoy yourself while your here. Sorry to hear about your two lost collections, though.

Last edited:
Third time the charm, as the saying goes. Welcome and I hope to see some of your work over in the modeling section!

Hello from a neighbor!

LOL You're about 3+ hours east of me.

Wow, that's some "to do" list. You will feel like at home on this site. Wish you welcome to the forum and to enjoy yourself while your here. Sorry to hear about your two lost collections, though.

Thanks. And yeah, I have my work cut-out for me. LOL The first collection was over 30 years ago so it's not a big thing. The second one was more a heart break but the insurance company covered it, so aside from the lost time, I get to redo some stuff that I wanted to rebuild anyway. :D

I tend to jump from build to build, and then paint several in sequence. Fortunately I have an entire room (around 12 x 14) that I can use for modelling.

Two of the finished seaplanes are:

Curtiss SOC-2 Seagull
Curtiss SOC-3 Seamew

I'll post some pics in a bit if i can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back