Hi, I'm a newb as well...ha! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm an illustrator and skateboard company owner with a penchant for WWII, pre WWII aviation and make my living as an illustrator. I've not played a flight sim in years but I draw amongst other things aviation and enjoy building the occasional kit.

Hopefully there's a place I can post a few plane illustrations. :)

Welcome to the forum! Love to see those illustrations. Just be aware, we frown on any advertising but if you have any questions, PM a Mod or Admin.

As for sims, some here do play but most use the 1:1 scale model! :)

Sweet! No I run a skateboard company and just a warbirds enthusiast.

Here's a few things, and note that they are geared to be printing on silly wooden toys(skateboards) though I attempt to make my illustrations as technically accurate as possibly, I also have an established style so it has to work in a bold easily identifiable form, bold and big. These two are both black ink on illustrations board, and about 15"x10" or larger.

My work is usually very bold, very bright and unfortunately these are CMYK conversions so the subtleties of the colors have changed when made for web display.

Ohka (one plane one ship)
ohka_sample.jpg

Me109-G-2(I believe)
me109_sample.jpg

Hi, the planes of fame Chino Air Museum is 10 miles from my shop, so thus I get to watch as of recent the P38 do a run, then engage it's turbo chargers as well as see just about every Saturday the guy that flys that T6-Tomcat cut to look like a A6M do a little fly by. I am on the approach for the West East strip so they come in pretty low. Most notably I saw I think a B24, painted all gray and a Skyraider.

There's also been a few Reno air race P51-D race planes visiting as well.

So always interesting to heat a inline engine over the usual buzz drone of a Cesna.

I believe most 'G' models had a bulge in front of the canopy. That looks like a Bf 109F. But kudos for trying to bring a realistic and historical image to the illustration. Far too many just want a generic plane with a swastika stuck on and call it a Messermith!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back