Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just you need to cut off a narrow stripe of the masking tape. For instance the width of 2mm. 1mm is for sticking to the cockpit conopy and 1mm for attaching to the fuselage.

Last edited:
No problem. However check fitting of the conopy to the fuselage firstly. Any picture would be welcome here.

This is not a very good example H, but the rear of this (very dusty!) JU88 canopy was home-moulded, and the frames are made from narrow strips of painted tape, in this instance, ordinary clear 'Sellotape'. The 'frame' where the canopy joins the fuselage is also painted tape.

Attachments

• JU88 016.jpg
    JU88 016.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 104
Some quick one I'll try better later but the canopy fit is very good.

Attachments

• P7210600.JPG
    P7210600.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P7210601.JPG
    P7210601.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 120
  • P7210602.JPG
    P7210602.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 120
Certainly looks like a good fit H. I think the original idea of a few very small spots of either superglue or poly cement, followed by sealing with PVA should do the trick.

Progress is probably done for about 2 and a half weeks...on tuesday I'll be catching a flight to Florida from there I'll be on a cruise to mexico costa rica and panama....my camera got packed up already so even if any progress is made I can't post it...

Thanks Glenn!

Certainly looks like a good fit H. I think the original idea of a few very small spots of either superglue or poly cement, followed by sealing with PVA should do the trick.

I agree with that H.

This is coming along very nicely Harrison, you're doing a great job...............maybe you should take a break..........a cruise should be good. :lol: :lol:

Have a great vacation mate and try not to eat too many Tacos or Enchiladas.

:p :p :p

May be a while before I get any modeling done..

At football as I stated in the "what annoyed you today" thread I fracture my ankle, my back room is a death trap already so any hope of getting to the workbench is gone....could take 6 to 7 weeks to heal, possibly even more....:rolleyes:

Harrison the D0 is looking great !Sorry to hear about the ankle hope you heal up fast, looking forward to seeing more of this excellent build

At least it's a good excuse to sit down - at the work bench, once you've got somebody to clear a path !
Hope it heals quick H - I know what it feels like !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back