Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So the canopy came yesterday but my older brother decided to get to the post office after the counter closed so he couldn't pick up the package.....Will have to wait till tomorrow, all the wasted time now :lol:

Canopy came today! Will start the masks later but hows the best way to remove a canopy from the sprue, sorry if its a dumb question but even Einstein asked questions!!

Whoever made the Do-17 canopy masks can go jump off a bridge...getting my hope up that they fit and they don't.

So began the long, tedious process of masking them myself.

Attachments

• P7180568.jpg
    P7180568.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 91
Oops....yep.... but these are useful for cuting off these parts from injection sprues. Yours are of vacu type. So you have to follow with the way using for a such models. It means sanding, sanding....

Make sure the vac-formed part is held steady and, with a new blade in the scalpel, very carefully start to score around the base of the canopy. DO NOT try to cut through the part, as this can cause a split or tear. Keep gently scoring, until the part is separated. This can take some time, maybe an hour, so, if needed, take a break. Don't rush, be patient, and it'll come free.
Once it's off, then marry it up to the cockpit, to check fit, and then gently sand around the edges as required, checking fit regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back