Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just you need to cut off a narrow stripe of the masking tape. For instance the width of 2mm. 1mm is for sticking to the cockpit conopy and 1mm for attaching to the fuselage.

Last edited:
No problem. However check fitting of the conopy to the fuselage firstly. Any picture would be welcome here.

This is not a very good example H, but the rear of this (very dusty!) JU88 canopy was home-moulded, and the frames are made from narrow strips of painted tape, in this instance, ordinary clear 'Sellotape'. The 'frame' where the canopy joins the fuselage is also painted tape.

Attachments

• JU88 016.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 104
Some quick one I'll try better later but the canopy fit is very good.

Attachments

• P7210600.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P7210601.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 120
  • P7210602.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 120
Certainly looks like a good fit H. I think the original idea of a few very small spots of either superglue or poly cement, followed by sealing with PVA should do the trick.

Progress is probably done for about 2 and a half weeks...on tuesday I'll be catching a flight to Florida from there I'll be on a cruise to mexico costa rica and panama....my camera got packed up already so even if any progress is made I can't post it...

Thanks Glenn!

This is coming along very nicely Harrison, you're doing a great job...............maybe you should take a break..........a cruise should be good.

Have a great vacation mate and try not to eat too many Tacos or Enchiladas.

May be a while before I get any modeling done..

At football as I stated in the "what annoyed you today" thread I fracture my ankle, my back room is a death trap already so any hope of getting to the workbench is gone....could take 6 to 7 weeks to heal, possibly even more....

Harrison the D0 is looking great !Sorry to hear about the ankle hope you heal up fast, looking forward to seeing more of this excellent build

At least it's a good excuse to sit down - at the work bench, once you've got somebody to clear a path !
Hope it heals quick H - I know what it feels like !

Users who are viewing this thread