Hockey Shop 101 Hosted by Les...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ohhhh I see how it is..... Devils finally score against Quick and the refs don't like that so they call a BS penalty. Then the Kings score on the PP.

to be honest, I could see Scott Gomez coming back to the Devils next year. Sign him for around 1 million, low risk high reward.

Huh? :confused: Gomez contract is with the Habs, not NJ.

And he has 2 years left at 7.3 mil per year. :eek:

Ohhhh I see how it is..... Devils finally score against Quick and the refs don't like that so they call a BS penalty. Then the Kings score on the PP.

Rather a dull final.... :|

And some Olympic caliber diving too. :rolleyes:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Buying out contracts is just a dumb idea, you still have to pay the total $$$ but you then eat a CAP hit for a few years.
They might as well just leave him in the AHL, he'll make his money but won't have a CAP hit.

There might be a "mulligan" clause in the next CBA, so they'll probably wait until then

He's probably on a one way contract which
"One way contract
This type of contract means that the player is paid the same amount of money regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or the AHL"

That'd be dumb to have 7.3 million dollar AHL player

He's probably on a one way contract which
"One way contract
This type of contract means that the player is paid the same amount of money regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or the AHL"

That'd be dumb to have 7.3 million dollar AHL player

Why? It makes perfect sense, considering the alternative.
The dumb move was signing a 3rd (marginal 2nd) line player to a huge contract after ONE good season

Advantages:
The club has to pay the full $$$ to the player whether they buy him out or not, so there's no savings there (not one penny)
If you bury him in the AHL he doesn't count against the CAP hit.
The club can still recall him back if needed when another player gets injured, and he's basically waiver-proof.
He can be called back for the playoffs when the CAP doesn't count (much)
Also, it prevents some other club from picking up a half-decent player for a bargain. (cuz the original club already rolled out the gravy train)

Hopefully if the guy is a professional he can help to teach younger players in the AHL, and provide some service as a fill-in player if another gets injured late in the year
The club

Been a long time since we had some hockey talk in here...

image.jpeg

Go Pens!

Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!!

Not my favorite team but well deserved. A great series, Nashville gave them a run for their money, too bad the Nashville fans need to learn some hockey etiquette. I could see them being upset about the denied goal but you don't boo and throw crap on the ice during the raising of the Stanley Cup. Classless POS'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back