I could be MIA for a while

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Actually, I'll be hit and miss for a while.

Guys, I'm going through the hardest point in my life. I'm in the middle of two custody battles at the same time, one with my wife for her daughter, who lives with us now and the second for my daughters, who live with my ex.

My wifes ex is suing us for custody just to be an a$$ and only because he doesn't want to pay child support. We have a hearing on 2/13 to see if it will go to trial.

My kids have been living in a ton of sh!t and I'm putting my foot down. My youngest, 12 years old, has refused to ever go back. My oldest, 15, has decided she would rather be with her mom, which just pisses me off. I promise you guys, this is a loooooooooooooong story and I won't bore you with the details.

Just know that my priorities have changed recently and my mind is not on airplanes and history right now. I'm trying real hard to do the right things for the people I care about the most with a very limited amount of $$ right now. I have also had to man-up and admit that I did my wife wrong and have sided with my kids and against my wife for years........and now I'm paying the price. It's put a hell of a strain on my marriage, but I'm doing my best to work it out. Needless to say, my wife is worried sick that she may lose her daughter to her ex and for no good reason. Her ex even called CPS (child protective services) on us just to make us look bad to the judge.

Man, I could go on and on, but it would get to the point that you would probably think I'm making it up. That one person couldn't go through all the crap that I'm dealing with right now. I mean, Hollywood couldn't make a script like this. My father just can't understand how I deal with all the stuff I'm handling on a daily basis.

Just know that I think of you guys often, but my mind just isn't in this right now. This IS my home away from homes and I thank each and every one of you for being here. I WILL be back, and hopefully, very soon.

If you have them and haven't done it lately, tell your kids you love them!

Thor (Roland)

Thor, hang in there! I've been there with my ex and kids so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Keep a cool head, ignore emotions and follow the letter of the law if that is an option. It does help.

My prayers are with you!

It goes without saying that, irrespective of what has happened in the past on the domestic front, and by who to who, your mates are on here if you need a shoulder to lean on, some-one to just talk to or to even have a whinge with, we're all here from around the world, 365, 24/7 !

Whatever the outcome, you have our support and thoughts. We're rooting for you !

Best of luck to you and your wife, Roland.

My only experiences with this are as being one of the kids involved when my parents split up, which got pretty nasty with similar stuff happening as you described, but more recently from my sister who has been going through the same thing for about two years now. In one bad incident, her ex nearly choked her to death in the garage while his brother just watched - the door was open to the street and two passers by started yelling at him to stop, whereupon he took after them to deal with them, and my sister managed to flee...
The thing I love about this is the effectiveness of the law system. My sister has a court appointed lawyer, she has no money for better. Her ex has the best lawyer in the city, who happens to buy his drugs from my sister's ex... Guess who wins all the court battles, and has been able to avoid jail even after trying to kill my sister ???
I could easily believe anything about now in this regard!

Hope it all turns out alright anyway mate. Easy to say, but keep your chin up, and atleast you have each other for support, not to mention the best wishes of everyone on the forum.

Sh!t man, that's rough.

I had my daughter when I was 18 (she was 16 8-[ ) and a few years later we parted ways. Long story short, she took off to a feral mining town on the other side of the country, didn't see my daughter for 12 months, no contact for 8 months. 12 months of court and she's back and things have worked out good enough (not as we'd like, but good enough).

It's the single hardest thing I've ever been through. I had times where I cried for 2 days straight because I couldn't even picture my daughters face anymore. All the best to you and your family, don't be too hard on yourself and remember that good thing prevail in the end.

But also, put a little faith in the justice system. I know with every news story, and every slap on the wrist punishment, even that can get hard. But judges are very smart people. They're not just some numb-skull listening to the stories and flipping a coin. They can see through all the bullshit, lies and deceit that gets brought up in custody battles, they see it day in, day out. Don't fall into the games and the tit-for-tat disgracing. When 'they' say something, suck it up, and then prove them wrong. For every bit of bullshit they throw at you, that's one more black mark for them in the judges eyes.

Mate, I can't express how much I hope this works out for you. Remember to keep the ones you love close and work together as a unit.

All the best, from everyone here at the ww2a family.

Andrew.:grouphuuug:

Like a couple here, I've known similar circumstances, so know how it is. Keep at it, and I hope it all works out soon. My thoughts are with and for you Roland, good luck.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back