Kawanishi N1K1-Ja, 201st Kokutai, Luzon 1944. Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amsel

Tech Sergeant
Jul 15, 2008
Texas
DSCF2776.gif

DSCF2777.gif

The Shiden is one of my favorite IJN aircraft. It was a great interceptor but was introduced too late in the war to be much of an impact. The 201st Kokutai was the famous Kamikaze unit who operated out of the Philipines. It is hard for me to understand but many pilots wanted to be part of this unit and be Kamikazes. The 201st Kokutai's aircraft hit their targets at about a 1/6 ratio and had good cover which boosted the morale of the Kamikazes.

Scale is 1/48

Category is #3 Beginner.

Last edited:
Me too, should be a good one mate.
Could you remind me whcih category tou are in please? Thanks.
I am a beginner.

My son should be joining in on this one as well as a beginner. But he has an account here and will post his selection.

Should be a very intersting build. I have very little info on both the squadron and the airplane. Wayne, do you know much about this aircraft or squadron as I would be interested also?

Will see what I have Paul, I have a shot of 201-53 will scan it and post it!

Thanks Wayne,

Ive got info on when they flew the zero but none in this aircraft. It would be intersting to see this aircraft in in 201 markings. Do they still being with Wi-, I forget off hand without looking up the other earlyer markings that they flew in.

Nice find. I imagine that pics are rare of the 201st. I'll have to check what aircraft I'm building to see the number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back