Kawanishi N1K1-Ja, 201st Kokutai, Luzon 1944. Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice find. I imagine that pics are rare of the 201st. I'll have to check what aircraft I'm building to see the number.

You can find pictures of the 201st aircraft but they are zero's and not the N1K1 which I beleive is a rarer picture.

Amsel I built one of these oh 8 yrs ago maybe and it was an excellant kit in fit and details.You picked a good kit for the build. Kevin

Amsel I built one of these oh 8 yrs ago maybe and it was an excellant kit in fit and details.You picked a good kit for the build. Kevin

I agree. The cockpit has gone together very easily, and I am deciding how much detail to put into it right now. I will get some photos soon.

Hi Amsel

I hope you are going to post pics of your progress soon.

I've found a few more pics of 201-53 for you, so get cracking! :lol:

These were in Bunrindo's Famous Aircraft of the World.

Attachments

• shiden 201-53.jpg
    shiden 201-53.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 137
  • shiden 201-53 2.jpg
    shiden 201-53 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 135
  • shiden 201-53 3.jpg
    shiden 201-53 3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Those are fantastic pics guys, much obliged. I wonder if thats a yellow stripe on the bottom of the cowling where the radiator flaps are.

Here is an update of progress. Things are going slow due to work, but I'm miles ahead compared to the last GB.

Cockpit photos( sorry for the blurrieness:( )

DSCF2832.gif

Airframe coming together, trying to fix the gaps with putty.

DSCF2834.gif

Painted a polished aluminunm undercoat to help aid in the weathering process.

DSCF2842.gif

I used a Tamiya Color for plastics spraycan in the color of TS-17 Gloss Aluminum.

Looking good! 8) You gonna use the 'sticky tape' method to paint chip it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back