***** DONE -Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" of the Yokohama Kokutai Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a short update on the Rufe. The damage to the float has been repaired and covered with tissue. I've spritzed it down with water and it is drying as we speak. The cowl has been painted black, and the canopy masked off. When I repaint the float I will shoot the canopy too. Going to work on marking off the control surfaces this afternoon. More pic's tonight.

Oh... more problems..... the rubber band broke !! I will not replace it !!

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2667.JPG
    DSC_2667.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 85
I'm sorry to hear that the rubber band has been broken. But I'm very glad you decided to continue the thread and you are going to finish the nice model. :D

The damage to the main float has been repaired and painted. Also airbrushed the canopy. In the first pic it's just sitting on. I need to repaint the cowl, got some overspray on it.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2669.JPG
    DSC_2669.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_2671.JPG
    DSC_2671.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 82
The "Rufe" is almost ready for the clear coat. Have to repair the damage to the side of the fuselage tonight (see pic #3), then repaint the area. I have never built a model where I've had so much trouble with damage, as this one.

As you can see I put a small rubber band in it that runs just aft of the cockpit to keep some pull on the prop.

Cheers...

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2672.JPG
    DSC_2672.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_2673.JPG
    DSC_2673.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_2674.JPG
    DSC_2674.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 96
Almost finished ! Working on the antenna mast and wire, then I'll put up the mandatory pics. Too bad the GB is over !

Thanks for looking...

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2676.JPG
    DSC_2676.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_2678.JPG
    DSC_2678.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back