***** DONE -Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" of the Yokohama Kokutai Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blasted things are so fragile they break just looking at them hard. I must have made 100 of those kits as a kid and found them, ultimately, most rewarding as wall hangings. For flying purposes I built them without the landing gear and all the breaking issues went away. If I did a really good job they became wall hangings.

Sorry about the prang. You'll have it fixed up quickly.

Sorry to say, the Rufe will not be finished by the dead-line. I have not touched it since before I went into the
hospital. I just can't sit long enough to work on it. Maybe later....

Charles

Get better first Charles, it can wait till you feel better. Frankly I would rather see you feeling better then the Rufe finsihed

I'll echo Paul, Charles. But you might not be aware, I've posted an update about the Group Build duration. As of now, all GB's will last for four months, with the following GB overlapping, beginning one month before the end date of the currently running GB (if that makes sense!?). In other words, the Pacific Theatre GB will now end on August 31st. Of course, this does not mean that you have to push yourself to complete, your health and wellbeing must come first, but I thought you'd like to know, in case it makes a difference.

Felt like working on the Rufe today. Attached the main float and the wing floats. Here's where we are....

Charles

Attachments

• On Floats.JPG
    On Floats.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 118
  • On Floats1.JPG
    On Floats1.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 118
That's looking very nice Charles. Although I'd love to see it finished, I'd rather you got fit first. Take it easy my friend, and update us when you can.

Gentlemen: I am going to re-open this thread, with the intentions of finishing the A6M2-N "Rufe". If you recall, in August to October of 2009 I was not feeling well. The diagnosis finally came back..... cancer of the bladder. From October 2009 until March 2011 all I did was take tests. Because I only have one working kidney (the left) I was not a candidate for chemo. On March 21st, 2011 the good doc's removed my bladder, prostate and the lower lymph nodes. The latter two items were a CYA kinda thing. On the one year anniversary, I had a CT-Scan. and the doc pronounced me "Cancer-free".

Needless to say, the "Rufe" was put on long term hold. Well, the hold has been lifted, and work is proceeding. I hope to finish it soon.

To bring you up to date, with the Rufe, the construction is complete. It's even been painted with the Imperial Light gray. However, while painting, I managed to break two stringers in the main float. The stringers have been repaired, and on the morrow I will recover those areas with tissue.

Here's the latest pic's....

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2659.JPG
    DSC_2659.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_2664.JPG
    DSC_2664.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_2666.JPG
    DSC_2666.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 95