DONE: Zero 1/24 Trumpter A6M2b Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated.This is a mock up glass not glued,wheels not glued and prop not glued.I used SNJ for the prop then gloss aarrrgh!you always end up loosing that polished metal look.Still not too bad in person when the light hits it from different angles.Dan my decals were so-so be careful seems like,no I know they sucked on the 109 by Trump.I have to touch up the yellow on the tail.Now why they did not make those yellow stripes into two pieces is beyond me.Even when I cut them they are not long enough for the curve inside the rudder maybe the real plane had no yellow there?I still have wing lights,antenna,gunsight etc....little stuff.Now to let the decals dry overnight.Cheers Kevin

Attachments

• A6 024_edited (900 x 854).jpg
    A6 024_edited (900 x 854).jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 116
  • A6 027_edited (900 x 645).jpg
    A6 027_edited (900 x 645).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Thanks Guys! if any of ya'll have room and get an opportunity to buy and build this kit she is excellant.Cheers Kevin ;)

:shock: Good god, Kevin, that is freakin gorgeous! The level of detail and fine points you put into this kit are amazing.

Thanks Evan! I do appreciate that and I told Dan today I was not going to weather because of time constraints(I'm slacking).I will take a pic later against the 109 and one can see how this plane was so nimble with a light HP plant for an engine.It really has been a fun build with ease of assembly along the way.Cheers Guys Kevin

Hey Kev, she looks great man.... As far as the weathering goes, will u atleast do some panel line work to bring out some definition to the shape of her???

Real light possibly will be the right ticket, just to get some depth....

Can u go over real quick step by step how u applied ur decals and what the next step is for u???? The decaling I have to do, especially the 3 seperate numbers is really starting to worry me....

Have you got any Micro Sol or Micro Set Dan? The first one is the most important (in fact, I reckon they're both the same bl**dy thing!). If you have, I'll e-mail you a quick 'talk through' on how to handle individual numbers etc. It's nothing to get concerned about, just needs time and patience.

Can u go over real quick step by step how u applied ur decals and what the next step is for u???? The decaling I have to do, especially the 3 seperate numbers is really starting to worry me....

C'mon.....piece of p!ss...take your time, do one at a time, get it right let it dry, then come back and repeat the process...You could try a Ki-84 with a big arrow marking.......f*ck I might have nightmares again....:lol::lol:

Yea Terry, I have Micro-Sol and have used it before.... Ill take some pics tomorrow of the decal sheets and what Im lookin at... The email would be great man....

And yea I know Wayne, big deal, but I get one shot at getting the numbers right, so I dont have the luxury of fu*kin em up, and Ive never done anything like this before.... Damn rookie jitters....

Bird is finished.....

Attachments

• A6 029_edited (800 x 620).jpg
    A6 029_edited (800 x 620).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 97
  • A6 033_edited (800 x 474).jpg
    A6 033_edited (800 x 474).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back