Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Wayne,

Yeah you are right about that. It is driving me crazy as Ive found a couple of profiles. Usually when there is a profile there is a black and white photo that goes with it. Then again the more I think about it the corsair in the picture bugs me. I could see this unit in combat but not with corsairs but with heavy bombers. So another mystery to be solved :)

Well, in homeland defence it is more likely to be Corsairs and Hellcats I think with some of the carrier raids that occurred, would need to cross reference the home base with US action reports to verify the possibilities....

Real close! A6M5a or b...

Well, in homeland defence it is more likely to be Corsairs and Hellcats I think with some of the carrier raids that occurred, would need to cross reference the home base with US action reports to verify the possibilities....

Real close! A6M5a or b...

I beleive its a A6M5b with the tail number TBU-29. Im probably over thinking this and well Im digging out material I hadnt looked at in probably 6 years is the other problem. Your right about US action reports. Going to have to sleep on this one!!!

:shock: Thanks Wayne and Paul and Terry! :shock: bloody helpful you are!

I think Il go with the last profile Paul posted on post 70 -except with the markings the decals provide -What do you guys think I should do?

Weather past couple days has been great -Lots of rain and thunder :D Doesn't do much good for modelling activities though -its freezing! (meant to be getting snow)

:oops: Also Thanks very much Shinpachi for your help!

Today I started scribing out the cockpit ,thinning the walls in prep for more detailing

Will get a photo up a little later on of the decals

:oops: Also Thanks very much Shinpachi for your help!

Today I started scribing out the cockpit ,thinning the walls in prep for more detailing

Will get a photo up a little later on of the decals

As Wayne said go with what you are confortable with Daniel, though I am curious on what decal set came with your book if you could post a picture.

Yeah...lets go Daniel chop, chop!:D

here's a nice zero book, Daniel....and decal sheet that comes with it....and the alternate aircraft Paul posted a pic of.also from said book!

Attachments

• IMGP4163a.JPG
    IMGP4163a.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMGP4164a.JPG
    IMGP4164a.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMGP4165aa.JPG
    IMGP4165aa.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 126
It is a great profile Chris but....it is a different much earlier version of the Zero...an A6M2 Model 21 from 1941-42 period, different cowling arrangement and broader windspan than the A6M5 Model 52 series.....

Definately one on the "to build list" mate! Got a few shots of them (can't find them now of course!!!:mad:)

:oops: Finally got a scan of the decals also found the profiles -here they are

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 160
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back