DONE: Zero 1/24 Trumpter A6M2b Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I appreciate all the comments guys I worked on that engine for maybe 12-15hrs total and that also includes hacking the mounts because I screwed up.I don't know about that Dan you are doing some fine work on that Corsair of yours.Well I got some paint on the bird and some more pics and the one by the printer again for scale (biggest now on shelf).The engine showed up better tonight and the canopy frame is the best ever for me :hello1: .I used frisket paper something I have not used forever and this paper was softer almost like parafilm which allowed it to conform.The seatbelts from Eduard were nice but the back strap was to thin for scale and it shows the lap looks fine.Pics........

Attachments

• A6 013_edited (800 x 465).jpg
    A6 013_edited (800 x 465).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 107
  • A6 015_edited (800 x 656).jpg
    A6 015_edited (800 x 656).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 102
  • A6 017_edited (833 x 938).jpg
    A6 017_edited (833 x 938).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 100
  • A6 022_edited (800 x 600).jpg
    A6 022_edited (800 x 600).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 108
Kev, that cockpit and engine really really look spot one man, the level of skill I hope to achieve...

Is the gap on the front side canopy that bad of a fit??? I'd be definatly disapointed with the 1/24th scale kit if it is.... Im gonna go take that same front shot pic of my F4U and see how they compare...

Last edited:
It's not glued on yet Dan.There was a small gap on the right side of the front console that I had to shim and is pushing up the the canopy.Still also some touch up needed on the paint but not much.Kevin

Dan the fit of this kit really was quite good in comparison to others.The only issue I had was the engine mounts and from what I have heard from other builds of this kit it was probably me at fault.The shim was .020 card(still needs trimming) and one of those things with all the work I did in the pit was not going to overlook.If you noticed in the pics the left wing root was the only gap 1"L X .005"W.The fuselage went together the best of any kit in a couple of years no seam and maybe 5 minutes of sanding top and bottom.Now those blasted hinges is another story I did the opposite of the instructions for the tail and it worked out much better.So for overall for this kit I have to give her a good 90%.Cheers Kevin

Nice Kevin, looks a bit light in colour to me though....

Could be Wayne I used FS36495(light grey) @ 75% and 25% White it still looks grey just a bit lighter.I use to have some IJN grey and it was lighter than this but then again could be the flash or lighting who knows I am liking her though.Cheers Kevin

Could be Wayne I used FS36495(light grey) @ 75% and 25% White it still looks grey just a bit lighter.I use to have some IJN grey and it was lighter than this but then again could be the flash or lighting who knows I am liking her though.Cheers Kevin

If your happy that's good enough for me mate!:D

Well guys have not been totally idle,I now have the gear done(not attached),plane resprayed in areas and the gloss down.I will post pics later this week when the decals are down.Cheers Kevin

Another great looking build. you guys sure can stick em together I dont know if i'll ever manage to reach your high standard.
I think you need a certain amount of natural ability to turn out work this good.
thanks for letting me see it Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back