DONE: Zero 1/24 Trumpter A6M2b Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice detail Kevin, Im likin it...

Appreciate it Dan,I tell you what I will be glad when Momma goes back to work at the school!she is killin me.I did manage some small details on that side being Waldron dials with acetate covers punched out along with some kit plumbing.I then started painting the other sidewall and interior walls of pit along with some on the IP.The KI48 the film is finally off the greenhouse alot more work than one would anticipate for sure.Catch ya later Dan and things are looking good on your end.Cheers Kevin

Well have been going full bor since the KI48 on the pit.Iadded some some more rods(rudder pedals),the right side of seat on some kind of valve and the petal straps.Just a little more paint here and there and the fuselage is about to be closed up.I did for the guns go clean out the underside of the fuse and cut back some (mabye .050") to get the barrels to clear properly.

Attachments

• ki 48 003_edited (1000 x 538).jpg
    ki 48 003_edited (1000 x 538).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 94
  • ki 48 007_edited (1000 x 819).jpg
    ki 48 007_edited (1000 x 819).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 91
  • ki 48 011_edited (1000 x 739).jpg
    ki 48 011_edited (1000 x 739).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Very nice Kevin!!

Thks Paul,Cory and Pete but Paul do you have any pics of the seatbelts.The design of those in Manny's build kinda of remind of some Brit belts although is most likely correct just like some clarification.Any pic would be nice.Thks Kevin

I will try to get some better pics.Cheers Kevin

If you got the room they are easier in some regards when it comes to details.Last night I just had to say stop I started realizing that much of it was not going to be seen anyway.I remade a box on the right FW that was totally wrong,then the box on the floor I got close putting in the 2X T-handles.All of this you can barely see it's just those two were so far off I just could not let it slide.But,yea give it a try VB GreatModels had the 1/24 G10 last week for $56 and the Tamiya 1/32 for $60 both were 1/2 price.I almost jumped but with 125+ kits waiting???Cheers Kevin

Paul do you have any pics of the seatbelts.The design of those in Manny's build kinda of remind of some Brit belts although is most likely correct just like some clarification.Any pic would be nice.Thks Kevin

Hi Kevin, Try this out.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 82
Looks like a possibility there Paul leather sounds right but just a lap belt??might be? Some Japanese did not wear parachutes so why the harness over the shoulder?Just if your out playing the net Paul if its Japanese bomber or Kate you stumble across just to verify.The ED PE kit seems to show the possibility of a shoulder harness just the colors look funky and I thought I scratch some anyway.Thks Again Paul regards Kevin

You know Paul looking at it more that really is a pretty nice pic.The r/FW looks more like mine minus one box that I had to rebuild and the box on the floor has what appears a dial(have not seen) with just one T-handle.Now this pic is from the Navy's archives and see how cluttered the R/FW is and for the first time I have noticed something on the back of the seat hmmm.

Attachments

• g22158.jpg
    g22158.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 76
Sounds good Paul kinda funny Wayne hasn't poked his head in yet and said "some pretty shoddy work there Kevin":)lol: all the while feeling the heat being laid done :lol: :lol:).CYA later Paul.Thks again Kevin

Sounds good Paul kinda funny Wayne hasn't poked his head in yet and said "some pretty shoddy work there Kevin":)lol: all the while feeling the heat being laid done :lol: :lol:).CYA later Paul.Thks again Kevin

Your welcome!!!!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back