Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good call Wayne on the training unit,

Figured out the squadron on the box. According to the profile I found its of the Tsukuba Naval Air Corps of the Imperial Japanese Navy Airforce from Oita Air Base July 1945. Profile is suppose be of a Mitsubishi A6M5C Model 52C. It was an advance training unit deployed for home defense duties.

Daniel, see if someone's got the old Hasegawa kit (70's version).
It came with all three cowling types (A6M2,3 and 5), being the same kit sold in different boxings (with appropriate decals for the box version).

Possibly their '90s kit has all three too..? (I haven't seen it)

Reckon i have that old Hasegawa kit somewhere Daniel, will check the stash!

Figured out the squadron on the box. According to the profile I found its of the Tsukuba Naval Air Corps of the Imperial Japanese Navy Airforce from Oita Air Base July 1945. Profile is suppose be of a Mitsubishi A6M5C Model 52C. It was an advance training unit deployed for home defense duties.

Thanks Paul, Yes that's the one, looked it up after I got off the net last night.

109 don't be discouraged. Even crappy kits have some promise. This Advent kit is the old 50's Revell kit. She has lots of life yet!

Attachments

• DSCF2042.JPG
    DSCF2042.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF1970.JPG
    DSCF1970.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF2057.JPG
    DSCF2057.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF2075.JPG
    DSCF2075.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 105

Thats good! because I can't find these dam profiles :oops: starting to be convinced they didn't come with any

Reckon i have that old Hasegawa kit somewhere Daniel, will check the stash!

:shock: Would be bloody appreciated mate -Il go take a photo of the cowling now

Many thanks guys for your help!

109 don't be discouraged. Even crappy kits have some promise. This Advent kit is the old 50's Revell kit. She has lots of life yet!

Your builds inspiring , it shows you can get a decent result (Note: "you" not me!:lol: ) I hope to develop my weathering ability on this build (so don't be surprised if it turns to crap) Il try my best though

Heres a pic of the cowl ,as you can see my photograhpy sucks :oops: but it sorta shows the bad mold quality -some of it can't be seen (Dammit)

Attachments

• IMG_9807 copy.jpg
    IMG_9807 copy.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 162
Really? wow people round this place are helpful! Many thanks Wayne! What an improvement it'l be! Will think of something to return the favour otherwise il feel bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back