Ki-67 Hiryu -''Peggy'' (1/48 Sanger kit)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gbr-22

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2010
Hi folks!
My next build is going to be Japan's best bomber in WW2..For the time being I'm gathering info from any possible source..Point is, as this is going to be a vac kit and almost anything is going to be scratchbuilt, a vital reference would be to get the 1/48 plans if they are to be found somewhere. So any kind of help would be more than welcome!
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

-peggy-with-decals-for-6-aircraft-and-metal-parts-1-48-sanger-aircraft-model-kit-412_zpsaf911166.gif

Last edited:
Wishing you luck and the grace from the god of scratch building with this HIJMA project. Apparently the wings, fin and rudder and if not different, the horizontal tail surfaces too are those of the HIJMN 'Betty' just a different fuz and model of engines.

I would recommend picking up the Maru-Mechanic on the Ki-67 Hiryu -''Peggy''. Get the single issue on this one plane (they later bundled two planes in one issue with less info on each) and you should have all you need. I have it and would gladly supply you with anything from it that you need, but you might be better served just buying a used copy for 10 or 20 USD. You will not need anything else, I believe

Hi guys!
Thanx for the feedback! I got hold of both the Maru and the FAOTW books and the research keeps well going on..Shinpachi, I do know this is going to be tough but with the IJAAF planes I've promised to myself I'll stick to the plane not the dioramas which inevitably distract me from the aircraft element!:D
'll be back in good time with this one!
Panagiotis.

Please show the contents of the kit....!

Here you are! Enjoy the view gentlemen!:lol: I personally will describe what I see in two words: Holy crap!!!

012_zpsa6876b76.gif

004_zps25100a9a.gif

010_zps8644ebd5.gif

005_zpsdc4ab478.gif

006_zps2186c95c.gif

009_zpscac476d8.gif

Should be good. I've seen a number of built examples of various Sanger kits, which looked great when finished. Some are ex-Contrail, which don't seem to have the finesse of Sanger's own kits, in regards panel lines etc, probably an indication of the available processes at that time, but they're still nice when built, and I think this is one of those.
I haven't built a vac-form for around 45 years, but I fancy doing their Halifax MkIII - if my hands can cope!
Looking forward to the build, which I'm sure will be to your usual, excellent standard.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh man, I'm gonna tag this one. I've been given a DC-4 Vac kit at the museum and I haven't seen it yet. Now I am realllly nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back