LesOfPrimus' IL2 Video Clips....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

@Les: that was one hell of a video you made. the music is not really my taste but its very well synchronized. like graugeist already said, nice kills and allot of them. the first kill of the ME-262 with the b-17's was very lucky :lol: .
ur pilot skin reminds me of the movie, Ghost Rider hehe.
sry that i watched it now, but have been busy. cant wait for your next video:thumbleft:

Great vids with nice historical pics and a kickass soundtrack.

My most recent project was to create the most accurate video of an actual combat mission.... I chose for my topic Drgondogs father, Major Bert Marshall, who flew with the 355th FG, 354th FS.... This video depicts his Sept 11th, 1944 mission in which he scored 2 kills and a probable over Bf190G's from JG53....

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Drgondog, GrauGeist, Erich and myself, Im pround to present this video... It was a huge undertaking that took months of research and preperation.... Its a big one and its just short of 7 minutes, but it tells the entire mission.... Every fact was verified using pictures, combat reports and first hand knowledge....

Enjoy...

104897.jpg

104930.jpg

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...0-new-il2-video-whom-bell-tolls-354-final.wmv

Last edited:
Dan _ I was blown away by the capture of the details of the chase in context of encounter reports. The scene of #3 getting hit over the bridge with the coolant stream is as close as it could be to the actual film (that GD lost). Rafferty getting hit by the same flak train that nearly got dad was probably the way it happened.

Another of the many nice attentions to detail was the Litlinton Church on the NE corner of Steeple Morden airfild during taxi and take off of the se/nw runway.

To those that made the comment regarding the simplicity I would sure like to see what their attempts at creating a real mission would look like.

Simply outstanding

Bill

Thanks Bill, ur Dad defiantly deserved more than this tribute video in recognition of his service... Im glad u liked and appreciated it... The more u watch it, the more those subtleties come out...

The only thing Im "missing" is during #2 kill when Amon crashlanded, I couldnt get the tail to break off, even after 50 dead stick landings..... The tail did come off after the strafing by Johnson, so its pretty damn close...

Thanks again Bill for all ur help in bringing this whole encounter report of ur Dads to light....

not much, just flying formation and shooting stuffs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9XbC-_hpk

Seriously how old are you? General observation - Warbird clips and modern day sh!t music don't go together ,modern day sh!t music doesn't go well with anything come to think of it . Please for the sake of my will to live don't tell me you actually like that song -Your only near resonable excuse for that clip was you were excessively drunk and stoned

On a better note ,Well done Dan . I would agree it is your best to date -espcially that black and white footage - also IL2 looks alot better than the shtty CF3 I've got

Dan, that was one hellova video bud. The music fit it to a t. You all did one great job making it authentic as possible. GOOD JOB BUD!!

However I must say one thing, it was killing GG to see all of the planes getting shot up and the paint jobs being fraged............hahahahahaha

Again, damn good job

Hey, guncamera footage is always a crowd pleaser!

You put together a great collection of shorts, definately good stuff!

My fav would be where you dove under the bailing Spit-driver at the last second. I bet he soiled himself as he saw your crate pass right under his feet! :lol:

What a twat I turned out to be Dan, been out the loop far too long and missed all this great stuff you've been posting
I think the Bert Marshall sequence is brilliiant but hey I think you've out done yourself with several of your postings.
So far Ive only gone back a few pages so ive lots more goodies to catch up on and view. Keep this up and Pixar are going to be shitting their Jodphur's never mind bleeding Buzz light year be more like Les Buzz bomb.
great work Dan
cheers mate
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back