Lindberg Grumman Goose 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are you going to add "Jake" the one-eyed dog?
That would be cool!

I remember that TV show !! Actually the dog's name was "Jack". The guy with the Goose flying all over the south Pacific's name was Jake and his mechanic was Corky..... getting into all kinds of international trouble.

Charles

Ahoy Fellas
AQ Hardy thank you for your replies on my Grumman Goose, I had a long break from tyhe build been doing a lot of house replairs and it took me away from the building board. Now the house is done and its time for pay back on the build I will be starting another build side by side to keep you fellas interested. so stay tune I will have another update post.

Boats

Ahoy
Terry and Lucky thank you very much for your reply and warm welcoming. Back to the build getting this over due build underway once more again. After all interrier parts have been added which are only a few parts made by me to enhance this old 1955 relic kit. The kit was put together with the exception of undercarriage, wing floats, and other sundries. The kit had a few ugly seams that needed to be filled in I applied bondo glazeing putty magic in a tube, it was applied generously to fill in the seams letting thye putty dry overnight. Next I will wet sand the putty and give the ship a primer coat to check for seams. All windows and canopy are masked down Here is the update pictures I will post another update build rteport after I sand down the Goose.

Boats:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 121
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 137
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 140
Ahoy
again thanks fellas for your replies between the Goose and the Ventura Bomber I have my flippers full. After the putty dried I sanded down same there was alot of it on there it was done on purpose to make certain all the gaps have been filled in. On the tail you prabaly noticed its remaval the tail on the kit is out of preportion the upper trtaling edge of the rudder I glued in a piece of styrene plastic sheet to change the correct shape of the tail. As mentioned before this is a old kit back from thye niffty fifties. models back in those days left alot to be desired compared whats out there today. Next I will sand down the rudder section and give the model a primmer coat od light gray then check for any imperfections fill sand and prime again until the model is ready for its final paint work. Here is the update for the night more toimorrow.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 121
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 127
  • PICT0012.JPG