Marine Throws Puppy????

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We've all done really stoopid and inhumane things in our lives to one degree or another, and yes, there are a few tapes of me doing some really bad things out there...

U did something stupid, deal with the consequences... Thats how boys become men, consequence...

All I can say about this Jarhead is, thank God it wasnt a Squid....

I've done some pretty stupid things in my life also so ur not the only 1 :leftfighter5:

You may say the animal charities are over the top, but even the puniest human has more capability for self-defence than a puppy. There is simply NO EXCUSE for being cruel to animals, it is cowardly and pathetic, and I hope this is just another fake... :mad:

Of course there's the blatant cases - such as if this video were legit. However, animal cruelty laws in most US states go way beyond anything that is reasonable. Again - they're animals, not human beings.

There was a huge scandal last year when was shown a video with 3 teenage kids beating a cat until its dead.That was pretty shocking and a petition was signed to make an animal police but although many signed the petition nothing happened.As for the fact that humans give more sympathy and protection to animals, well thats a known fact but I saw a beheading (I hope I spelled it right) once and I hated the bastards who did it more than anyone in the world.Killing a helpless victim (animal or human) or beating it its just cruelty and those who did should be punished....

If they are Marines and it is not faked they should be flogged for being cruel and idiots.
If it is faked and they are Marines they should be flogged for being idiots.
If they are not Marines and it is real they should be flogged for being cruel and impersonating a Marine.
If they are not Marines and it is fakes they should be flogged for being idiots and impersonating a Marine.

Any way you look at it they should be flogged for one reason or another!!!

Pretty good logic there...

However, animal cruelty laws in most US states go way beyond anything that is reasonable. Again - they're animals, not human beings.

On that I disagree with. Do animals not feel pain?

In my opinion the full book should be thrown at people who are cruel to animals (I am not talking about legit hunting). They are living beings as well.

I think Vick got off easy and the punishments for offenders should be much harsher than they are.

An animal has no way of really defending itself. It is wrong...

I am in no way a tree hugging Greenie or anything but animal cruelty is just as bad as doing it to humans.

I pray that this is a fake. As a former US service member I hold all US Service members to a high standard and this is one of them. If it is not a fake, I would punish them more harsher than I would a civilian and a civilian I would punish greatly!

I'm hopin' it's a fake as well. Probably is.

And I agree with Adler; there's no excuse for cruelty to animals.

TO

I could tell you stories! But the main thing about animal cruelty that you must keep in mind is that there has been documented studies and someone who abuses animals will eventually abuse humans. There is a link. I have been involved in some cases first hand where the history was as young kids they tortured animals and graduated to other horrendous things.

In many states animal cruelty laws are no more than misdemeanors - same thing as not wearing your seat belt. I'm not saying they should get captial punishment but they should be harsh.

And some history. Our Child abuse laws are based on animal cruelty laws that were in existance at the time (late 1800's). Child advocates used animal cruelty laws to change the law regarding kids.

Njaco, you hit the nail on the head. Cruelty to animals is a sadistic behavior and it will crossover into other parts of the perp's life. There are many questions about this video and no matter what is determined to be the truth in this case, someone will doubt it or scream injustice. It's really a no win situation for the Marines involved and Marines in general. Bad PR for the good guys. But then again, if the enemy thinks that Marines are heartless killers, maybe that's not such a bad thing either.

I can't even WATCH this video. I don't dare. To perpetrate cruel and sadistic acts on any helpless being, animal or human, is wrong and should be punished to the fullest of the law.

Legal hunting I am fine with. War I am fine with. Animal, elder and child abuse just makes me reach for the saber.

I have several friends who rescue abused animals; some of the horses they rescued are at the boarding stable where I keep my horse; these poor creatures are still frightened by the smallest things, and we try daily to mitigate their fears.

In fact, I don't think any of the animals my parents or I are feeder persons to have been from the best of circumstances; shelter animals, abused dogs left and abandoned, kittens who have witnessed their littermates being killed by humans...but every single ONE of these pets that's been adopted has made a full turnaround and is now trusting of us, and the humans we interact with. My mom's Staffordshire/Lab/Shepherd mix is actually now part-timing as a therapy dog for elderly people and disabled children; it's a job he loves with his whole body.

Michael Vick got off easy, way too easy. But it is heartwarming to know that some of the dogs that were mistreated have now found new homes and are happy, healthy and loving again.

How can we, as "advanced beings" still stoop to such lows and treat our fellow humans and our companion animals with such meanness? I will never know the answer to that, it seems.

Njaco, you hit the nail on the head. Cruelty to animals is a sadistic behavior and it will crossover into other parts of the perp's life. There are many questions about this video and no matter what is determined to be the truth in this case, someone will doubt it or scream injustice. It's really a no win situation for the Marines involved and Marines in general. Bad PR for the good guys. But then again, if the enemy thinks that Marines are heartless killers, maybe that's not such a bad thing either.

It does seem like they "faked" throwing the puppy as a joke. I think this might be similar to those "trophy" photos of Marines standing over a dead insurgent. It's understandable from the point of view of a soldier under stress in a combat zone, but the public back home is shocked.

In both cases the "real crime" is the bonehead that allowed the video to get out on the net. {PR nightmare}

I suspect "Motari" didn't put that video up. But perhaps a friend of his did, perhaps a friend who's not in the military?

I wish we could find out the name and get over the suspense.

But at least the fury has died down somewhat.

On that I disagree with. Do animals not feel pain?

In my opinion the full book should be thrown at people who are cruel to animals (I am not talking about legit hunting). They are living beings as well.

I think Vick got off easy and the punishments for offenders should be much harsher than they are.

An animal has no way of really defending itself. It is wrong...

I am in no way a tree hugging Greenie or anything but animal cruelty is just as bad as doing it to humans.

I pray that this is a fake. As a former US service member I hold all US Service members to a high standard and this is one of them. If it is not a fake, I would punish them more harsher than I would a civilian and a civilian I would punish greatly!

I agree with part of what you say - but many animals out there will tear a human to pieces. Where animals are afforded absurd protection is when a gator comes onto your property in FL and you can't kill it or else you'll be prosecuted - you have to make a telephone call and wait until a warden comes. You can kill a damn human in FL for threatening you for pete's sake! Again - it's only an animal.

I agree with part of what you say - but many animals out there will tear a human to pieces. Where animals are afforded absurd protection is when a gator comes onto your property in FL and you can't kill it or else you'll be prosecuted - you have to make a telephone call and wait until a warden comes. You can kill a damn human in FL for threatening you for pete's sake!

No, there is a difference between self defence and being cruel to animals. You can not even compare it. If you abuse an animal for the hell of it, the book should be thrown at you.

Again it does not compare.

mkloby said:
Again - it's only an animal.

No...

I am actually surprised to hear you say that. Didn't god create these poor animals that you are talking about?

No, there is a difference between self defence and being cruel to animals. You can not even compare it. If you abuse an animal for the hell of it, the book should be thrown at you.

Again it does not compare.
These are the problems that I have - I think you and I agree for the most part, but where we might disagree is where to set the limits of animal protection. It's not that clear always as self defense/cruelty, and these are problems I have with the Endangered Species Act. It prohibits the trafficking and such of the listed species, and rightfully so. But there's more to it. You kill one of those protected animals, and you must prove by a proponderance of the evidence that you acted in self defense. Now, what about protection of your property? You have to allow that animal to destroy your property so long as it does not cause you or threaten to cause you bodily harm? Why is the onus on the defendant to prove that he acted in self defense, and it not on the government to prove that you did not act in self defense?

I am actually surprised to hear you say that. Didn't god create these poor animals that you are talking about?

Why use the description "poor animal?" That just tugs at the heartstrings. In cases where someone commits a blatant act of cruelty, such as in this video if it is real, I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I believe people go way overboard in the protections that they wish afforded to animals, which I said above. I'm not saying cruelty towards God's creatures is ok - it's absolutely not. Humans must be responsible custodians of the Earth, including all forms of life.

These are the problems that I have - I think you and I agree for the most part, but where we might disagree is where to set the limits of animal protection. It's not that clear always as self defense/cruelty, and these are problems I have with the Endangered Species Act. It prohibits the trafficking and such of the listed species, and rightfully so. But there's more to it. You kill one of those protected animals, and you must prove by a proponderance of the evidence that you acted in self defense. Now, what about protection of your property? You have to allow that animal to destroy your property so long as it does not cause you or threaten to cause you bodily harm? Why is the onus on the defendant to prove that he acted in self defense, and it not on the government to prove that you did not act in self defense?

Why use the description "poor animal?" That just tugs at the heartstrings. In cases where someone commits a blatant act of cruelty, such as in this video if it is real, I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I believe people go way overboard in the protections that they wish afforded to animals, which I said above. I'm not saying cruelty towards God's creatures is ok - it's absolutely not. Humans must be responsible custodians of the Earth, including all forms of life.

I got you. I think we agree more than it seems.

Being an Animal Control Officer, our first job is to protect the public then to protect the animal. But Mkloby, I understand you're point. I agree that although I love animals and what I do, sometimes it does go overboard and then again sometimes not enough.

I once got someone 90 days in jail for abusing a rabbit while another time somebody who let 35 horses almost starve to death was let go on a technicallity. The way of the court system is not as clear cut as everyone would like and what is said is a punishment sometimes in the end comes out different.

But people do go overboard for animal stories. Especially after Katrina. Man you should see the training we're going through up here just to be ready for the next. But my bitch is that the only stories that people react to are the ones the media decides to show. That video is horrible if true but people do even worse things right here in the states - to animals and humans.

If the video is all real then these guys should be thrown in jail! Yes, I know that's harsh but what they did was downright evil and inhumane, and who knows what they'll think of next ??

That puppy would've been just as scared as any Human in that situation, and it would've hurt just as much!

Like Adler I'm no greenie tree hugger and I have nothing against hunting (I hunt myself), but that video is just downright despicable!

If the video is not real, well then all I can say is *What a Freaking dumb move!*, cause these guys will have angry people all over them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back