Marine Throws Puppy????

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HA!

Remember the movie "Flight of the Intruder" and the bar scene at Subic Bay. I was told that was loosely based on a real place that had croc pits and for 50 cents you could throw a chick (not a girl but a baby chicken) into the pit. $1.00 got you a kitten and $5.00 got you a puppy. Crude and rude? Yes! Would I do it? NO! Boys behaving badly, time to move on...

Snopes says if may be faked. If not. Throw the book at them. That's piss poor behavior. And filming it is criminal. I hope for fake. Hold the puppy. Make googley eyes. Cut recording. Insert stuffed animal. Overdub yelps. Oh please let that be so. Look, there are worse things that happen in war by any stretch, but those Marines should know better if it is the real McCoy.

I'm keeping the faith. Supposedly the Marines are out of Hawaii and they know who they are. Let the UMCJs rule.

Hard to say if it's real or not. If it is, that's real bad PR for the Marines. If not, it's still bad PR for the Marines. Soldiers do stupid things, especially on deployments. I know I did in my days. BUT, we never filmed anything.

I'm sorry for the puppy. I like dogs. And I do shudder at all the anger agains't the marines. Things like this could really do something to Marines in the future, if the public loses trust in them.

But I'm more worried for the family of this marine. They could get hurt. And we still don't know if this IS the actual marine.

And while what he did was either cruel or just dumb, we don't know, I would be scared stiff if I was that guy. I would go hide in a cave, change my face, and basically try and stay low for 20 years.

I think this guy could get lynched or murdered. People are that mad at him. And I hope that doesn't happen, especially if he is not the one. If he did kill a puppy that way, that was cruel, but should we really kill a human being to atone for it? And somehow because he's a marine makes it worse.

I mean, put him in jail for animal cruelty. But frankly other people have done bad things, a civillian man on the news threw some puppies off a bridge, and people were mad, but not this mad.

I think this really shows the power of the internet, it's almost dangerous. I mean, half of humanity or at least this country can find out something bad in a day, and you can have mass hysteria as the result.

In the old days news traveled slower. This would not have happened. The outrage would not be so concentrated. This Marine would probably get in trouble, but now I don't know what will happen to him.

If I was marine, I would really annoyed, even more at this guy, because it hurts the whole group.

I mean, there's even more foaming at the mouth than the Au Garib case or the shooting of that wounded terrorist in the mosque I think. This puppy is one of the most influnential dogs in history.

I wonder if the Marines will ban cellphones for private soldiers on patrol or something. Not that you should try to hide bad things, but public opinion can go too far sometimes, I mean they want this thing wiped ou in blood.

Have proffesional journalists along, of course. But guy who posted this up should have shown it to the military, not the public.

We've all done really stoopid and inhumane things in our lives to one degree or another, and yes, there are a few tapes of me doing some really bad things out there...

U did something stupid, deal with the consequences... Thats how boys become men, consequence...

All I can say about this Jarhead is, thank God it wasnt a Squid....

Have proffesional journalists along, of course.

In combat zones, the last thing you want is a reporter tagging along. Many things are neither black, nor white when the lead starts to fly. Plus, having someone along who is unarmed and untrained is a liability and a drain on morale.

We would of been filmed tossing hookers into a government van! :evil4:

Haha - then what you'd all vomit all over them and pass out???? :lol:

I'm sure if anything the gears of the UCMJ are turning. Damn JAGs are probably pissed they have work now. I think NJP won't be an option.

[In combat zones, the last thing you want is a reporter tagging along. Many things are neither black, nor white when the lead starts to fly. Plus, having someone along who is unarmed and untrained is a liability and a drain on morale.
/QUOTE]

You're right.

Kinda funny, just a couple days ago everybody was thrilled with Prince Harry and it looked like things were looking up.

If they are Marines and it is not faked they should be flogged for being cruel and idiots.
If it is faked and they are Marines they should be flogged for being idiots.
If they are not Marines and it is real they should be flogged for being cruel and impersonating a Marine.
If they are not Marines and it is fakes they should be flogged for being idiots and impersonating a Marine.

Any way you look at it they should be flogged for one reason or another!!!

If they are Marines and it is not faked they should be flogged for being cruel and idiots.
If it is faked and they are Marines they should be flogged for being idiots.
If they are not Marines and it is real they should be flogged for being cruel and impersonating a Marine.
If they are not Marines and it is fakes they should be flogged for being idiots and impersonating a Marine.

Any way you look at it they should be flogged for one reason or another!!!

It will be investigated and taken care of. I'd hate to be the IO for this one.

It's one of those bizzare idiosyncrasies that we find violecne against animals more shocking than against other people. Could very easily be faked (I'm thinking of that famous video where the granny kicks the baby) but if real they should certainly be punished for it

Of course, but I remember reading animal charities receive far more in donations than those for people! Or take films; you can show people getting beaten, shot , beaten and blown up but if that were a dog or cat people would be shocked

Yes, I know where you are coming from on that. People have a soft spot in thier hearts for animals, and many give them more protections than thier human couterparts. Peta and the Humane Society of America (not the same group as your local Humane Society) come to mind here.

Or take films; you can show people getting beaten, shot , beaten and blown up but if that were a dog or cat people would be shocked

This is precisely why I no longer go to the movies or watch much Television any more. Too much junk and perversion for my liking.

The proliferation of video will destroy us or keep us honest. The potential for taking video out of context is too great.

How many bags of grain will we have to distribute how many Hospitals and schools built before the image of a puppy tossing marine is erased from the minds of the rest of the world?

This is a major PR victory for the bad guys.. this has a lot of legs.

.. I gotta say though.. the audio doesn't sound right... the yelping doest fade with distance...

You may say the animal charities are over the top, but even the puniest human has more capability for self-defence than a puppy. There is simply NO EXCUSE for being cruel to animals, it is cowardly and pathetic, and I hope this is just another fake... :mad:

So do I hope its fake.

and the #1 mantra of newspapers is if has kids or animals in the story, it will sell.

Don't get me started on those animal protection groups and organizations unless you like paying for $300,000 salary for the CEO and a company car to roll around in. Support your local animal shelter. Much better use of money donations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back