I'm sorry for the puppy. I like dogs. And I do shudder at all the anger agains't the marines. Things like this could really do something to Marines in the future, if the public loses trust in them.
But I'm more worried for the family of this marine. They could get hurt. And we still don't know if this IS the actual marine.
And while what he did was either cruel or just dumb, we don't know, I would be scared stiff if I was that guy. I would go hide in a cave, change my face, and basically try and stay low for 20 years.
I think this guy could get lynched or murdered. People are that mad at him. And I hope that doesn't happen, especially if he is not the one. If he did kill a puppy that way, that was cruel, but should we really kill a human being to atone for it? And somehow because he's a marine makes it worse.
I mean, put him in jail for animal cruelty. But frankly other people have done bad things, a civillian man on the news threw some puppies off a bridge, and people were mad, but not this mad.
I think this really shows the power of the internet, it's almost dangerous. I mean, half of humanity or at least this country can find out something bad in a day, and you can have mass hysteria as the result.
In the old days news traveled slower. This would not have happened. The outrage would not be so concentrated. This Marine would probably get in trouble, but now I don't know what will happen to him.
If I was marine, I would really annoyed, even more at this guy, because it hurts the whole group.
I mean, there's even more foaming at the mouth than the Au Garib case or the shooting of that wounded terrorist in the mosque I think. This puppy is one of the most influnential dogs in history.
I wonder if the Marines will ban cellphones for private soldiers on patrol or something. Not that you should try to hide bad things, but public opinion can go too far sometimes, I mean they want this thing wiped ou in blood.
Have proffesional journalists along, of course. But guy who posted this up should have shown it to the military, not the public.