Massive 8.9 quake rocks Japan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reactor 3 at the Fukushima plant has now blown up. This one looks worse than the previous one.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZKlaEZMLY

Wow, Eric! I didn't check that:shock:

In my impression, this incident is evidently coming from our commander's misjudgment.
Managers of Tokyo Electric Power Co., Ltd. are still hesitating to kill all reactors they own in their two Fukushima nuclear plants by filling the seawater.
Dai-ichi plant has six reactors and three were in operation when quake hit. On the other hand, Dai-ni(Second) has four and all were in operation when quake hit.

Our government looks only accepting their reports time to time endlessly to make public.

TV news does not tell yet but any of reactor may have serious leak of nuclear fuel sooner or later by its ongoing meltdown inside. They have been evidently wasting time to lose the chance to kill.

What we people can do to protect ourselves will be nothing but to escape as far as possible and never enter the region for hundreds years, though this is still my imagination.

By the way, I ,as one of the Japanese, do appreciate the maximum supports from you and your countries around the world.

They are so cordial.
Thanks.

Attached image: Press release by Tokyo Electric Power Co., Ltd.

He is saying that water in no.2 reactor may be empty now.

P3140688SS.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks MIke and Torch.

Our people would have learned that our own safety must be protected by ourselves.
BTW, cell phones are useless at all. Old type wireless device(walkie talkie?) is useful.

Stay safe Shinpachi! We are all praying for you all over here.

I really hope that somehow these reactors get under control. Supposedly the USS Ronald Reagan has turned around because it detected high levels of radiation 160km from the Japanese coast.

Thanks for your care, Adler.
I'm sorry to hear the radiation detection by the USS Ronald Reagan.
I personally recommend all foreign rescue teams to evacuate from the area immediately.

Media says 100 times radiation was detected in Kita-Ibaragi City (65km south from the plant) this morning.

I believe that is what is happening now.

The Ronald Reagan and the other ships have been moved out of the area. What is being reported is that the crews detected in one hour the amount of radiation that would normally be exposed to in one month.

The Germans had two "relief teams" in Japan. One is the German THW (Technisches Hilfswerk) which is the Federal Agency for technical and disaster Relief. The other was a private German organization. The private one has been sent home due to the lack of ability to deal with a nuclear environment. The THW is still in place however because they have the ability and training to work in that kind of environment.

Thanks Adler for your renewed information.

10 minutes ago on TV, Tokyo Electric Power Co Ltd confirmed that all four reactors of the other Dai-ni(Second) nuclear power plant cooled down.

I heard about the carrier group pulling back due to the radiation detected, but news said it was trace amounts, and they were pulling back to consider options (go ahead and go in, or play it safe). Didn't know the third reactor cut loose, too. Man. I'm really prayin for y'all, Shin/PPoops...

My prayers go out to you Shinpachi and your friends and relatives. It is so heartbreaking to see such destruction and suffering. From what I have seen and heard on the news , the Japanese people are well disciplined and face these times with dignity and fortitude. Keep safe my friend.

Government says 'safe' but no one believes.
Generally, we are going into the recovery process detouring the nuclear power plants.

Fortunately, the winds are currently carrying the radioactivity out toward the sea. If the winds shift south, stay indoors, Shinpachi-san. It looks like the situation with the nuclear power plants is far from over.

Thanks everybody.

About 40 minutes ago, Japan had a relatively large earthquake of M6.0 with the seismic center 10km below Mt. Fuji.
I won't be surprised even if it might erupt.
Anything seems going this time...

Shinpachi, The aircraft carrier Ronald Regan is off Japan and american helos are flying SAR and spotting missions. additionally the american red cross is accepting donations to aid Japan if anyone is interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back