Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hahaha-024.gif

Righto, here's the latest on the plug - first four the messy stage, last 4 as she currently stands.

Still some slight imperfections at the base along the fueslage sides to be taken care of, caused by oversanding and having to fill with liquid cement and sand again...comments or advice greatly appreciated...

STA52861.JPG
STA52862.JPG
STA52863.JPG
STA52865.JPG
STA52866.JPG
STA52867.JPG
STA52868.JPG
STA52869.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Harry and Dave!

(Btw, what looks like a dark groove along the sides isn't apparent on the model, the coating is actually solid.)

Looks great to me mate. Maybe a thin primer coat, which can be sanded off if required, will show any imperfections? Doesn't look like there are any though.

Thanks guys, really much appreciated! :D

Unfortunately there are still slight imperfections - as you can see in the 6th pic, the faint line of the liquid cement 'touch-up filler' at base of plug is still slightly visible. For some reason this was a devil of a job to sand down.

Will take Terry's (and Vic's) advice and deflower the Mr. Surfacer on the plug (thanks guys!), removing any visible blemishes when dry. Question is what is the best method of applying (-airbrush?), and how the surface remains after sanding (patchy, or smooth enough to recoat and paint?). Also, how much time would you leave to completely dry before sanding?

Cheers in advance, and a big THANKS to Wojtek for the great filling tip! Only my own novice approach prevented a perfect job.

Thanks again guys!

Small update and 'test shots' (ie, 'playing with kit' :) )...
Wings from another 262 to see what she'll look like, and best so far of the 2 sets of wings, to be rescribed shortly and sprayed with surfacer tomorrow.

Notice the slight depression at front of plug - I hadn't until now...damn!

STA52902.JPG
STA52903.JPG
STA52906.JPG

Last edited:
I think you are your own worst enemy Even, can't see anything wrong with what you have done, depressions or no depressions. As for spray, just a light touch of primer will give you an idea of how it all looks and show up any problems. This can be easily and gently sanded back with a fine grit paper 1500 to 2000 or more. I have some very fine sanding soft pads up to 4000 grit. As for drying, this depends on your weather but in general I like to give much more than the recommended time and usually leave and coats applied until the next day before sanding or handling. :p

That is some excellent work Evan, both here and with your other entry. And you entered this GB in the intermediate category...? With all this modeling "surgery" I think you surpassed that by far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back