Member Mug Shots (continued)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK - HAD TO DO IT! anybody want to buy the 150? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• l-29_162.jpg
    l-29_162.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 464
  • joe_in_office_161.jpg
    joe_in_office_161.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 412
  • joe_in_150_131.jpg
    joe_in_150_131.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 479
  • c150must_102.jpg
    c150must_102.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 409
evangilder said:
Interesting concept, a 150 with a flame job! :lol:

When we first flew it and landed it at Fox Field, the tower started calling us the "The Fireball." When my wife saw it and we told her that she said "I hope that's not an omen!" :shock:

Ah, I asked because I once was on holiday round the Vail/Aspen area. It's nice there. The best place was a town called Leadville though.

Oscar Wilde went there once, and after a few drinks with the rugged miner types there, they invited him to a pit party. The idea was they were going to get him totally smashed and leave him down there.

The thing they failed to take into account though, was that old Oscar, effete, foppish, sausage jockey that he was, was still an Irishman.

Result? He's left as the last man standing, puts them all back into the lift, and takes them back to the surface. The next thing one of them sees when waking up through a hungover daze, is the sight of Wilde sitting there polishing his nails who says to him; "My dear chap, you really should know better than try to outdrink an Irishman!" :lol:

Medvedya said:
Ah, I asked because I once was on holiday round the Vail/Aspen area. It's nice there. The best place was a town called Leadville though.

Oscar Wilde went there once, and after a few drinks with the rugged miner types there, they invited him to a pit party. The idea was they were going to get him totally smashed and leave him down there.

The thing they failed to take into account though, was that old Oscar, effete, foppish, sausage jockey that he was, was still an Irishman.

Result? He's left as the last man standing, puts them all back into the lift, and takes them back to the surface. The next thing one of them sees when waking up through a hungover daze, is the sight of Wilde sitting there polishing his nails who says to him; "My dear chap, you really should know better than try to outdrink an Irishman!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: - Great stuff. Leadville eh, know it well. Got a small airport there. When you try to fly out of that airport, your airplane flies like lead!. The airport is about 10,000 feet above sea level! :shock:

FLYBOYJ said:
Medvedya said:
What part of Colorado are you from?

I live in Lakewood, work down at the Air Force Academy, so I travel between Lakewood and Colorado Springs

What do you do at the Academy? My friends dad who is now a Colonal in the Airforce graduated from there. Did you graduate from there also?

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
FLYBOYJ said:
Medvedya said:
What part of Colorado are you from?

I live in Lakewood, work down at the Air Force Academy, so I travel between Lakewood and Colorado Springs

What do you do at the Academy? My friends dad who is now a Colonal in the Airforce graduated from there. Did you graduate from there also?

No - I work for a company called Doss Aviation, we do the contract maintenance on all the Blanik sailplanes, the last of the T-41s, the USAFA flying team's C-150s (which the airforce has now designated as T-51) and the 3 twin otters. We also supply the tow planes for the sailplane training program (Supercubs) I'm the Quality Control Manager. ;)

I have no clue. Quite some time ago. He became a F-16 pilot and last I saw him he was the Defence Attache to Austria but that was back in 1998. I have not heard heard from him since.

If you ever find out let me know. Usually Academy grads get an assignment here toward the end of their careers or if they are really going to move up if they are a young bird Col.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back