Missing members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another possibility would be to move the this day to a document. If you want I can copy some posts to a document and let you see if you like the format.
The nice thing is that it has a table of contents, whcih would work well with indexing the days as separate sections

I would be very interested to see that as well. I wanted to print and bind a hard copy of the whole thread. its a good piece of work and nice addition to the library. I started to do it by hand, but the document is huge....roughly 50 printed pages for each month that we covered in the 'this day in Europe" thread. Is there any way of condensing that....perhaps reducing image sizes and font sizes?

Njaco Njaco I see what you are saying about attachments and post headings

I can move those attachments as Full size at the bottom of the post. Would that be ok?

Also I can run some commands to change headings in the posts ex.
German: to Germany:
So that can be automated, which will mean don't ahve to edit.
Another thing I can setup is a date holder at the top of posts, which would make the edits easier. I can also look into setting up an automated editor for the dates.

Would you like me to implement any of these?

I don't know yet david if you've done this, but for my contributions to that thread, it would be a problem to move the photos to the bottom of the post. for me, the photos are part of the story, showing what each ship that was sunk actually looked like. I had intended to get a photo of each and every ship, but could find all of them. Still I found quite a few I think......

The only thing my script did was move photos from the Attachments box at the bottom of a post, which are attachments that haven't been inserted into the body of post, and embedded them into the body of the post.

If attachments were already embedded in the body of the post they weren't touched.
parsifal parsifal Please check to confirm this. If there are issues I can restore from a backup.

I would be very interested to see that as well. I wanted to print and bind a hard copy of the whole thread. its a good piece of work and nice addition to the library. I started to do it by hand, but the document is huge....roughly 50 printed pages for each month that we covered in the 'this day in Europe" thread. Is there any way of condensing that....perhaps reducing image sizes and font sizes?
If I can get it into the document it will be easier to work with and maybe create a pdf output.

And without much fanfare, I'm back...
With the passing of Charles, I made a point to pay my respects.
My reasons for taking a LoA are longer than I care to discuss, but I like what David and Marcel have done to bring back the familiar look of the forum.
David did most of the work. Please give some credits to Wojtek as well. Of course he was involved in this as well.

David did most of the work. Please give some credits to Wojtek as well. Of course he was involved in this as well.
Of course Herr Wojtek should be included, he's always been in the trenches doing his best and should be included!

Great to have you back - got any bacon ?
Of course, old friend!
You know me better than that - I'd never arrive at the party empty-handed.
But if Jan tries to get a handfull, feel free to squeeze his head like a grape! :smile2:

Pile-Of-Bacon.jpg

And without much fanfare, I'm back...
With the passing of Charles, I made a point to pay my respects.
My reasons for taking a LoA are longer than I care to discuss, but I like what David and Marcel have done to bring back the familiar look of the forum.

Please stick around my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back