Missing members

No Artesh posts since the latest unpleasantness where he lives.
There is an internet blockade in Iran, so don't expect him back until that's resolved.
 
I have a couple of friends that I talk to (via VOI) occasionally in Iran. I cannot get a hold of them now, and reports are that the Iranian government has physically disconnected most of the internet infrastructure at the data type transmission nodes (ie land, undersea, satellite, and at internal network server farms). Primarily to prevent internal unauthorized communication and use for coordination of rebellion(s), and partly to limit any intelligence and/or cyber attack opportunities for foreign adversaries.

US strikes have also destroyed a significant number of server farms and data network centers.
 
YES, YES, YES, and YES again. Now I do/did know what FB stood for and I have looked at some of it though I personally have never been involved with it. There is good "stuff" on it but 90% IMHO is the kind of stuff Terry posted. People use it to sell things and we actually bought our white GSD through a FB contact. Friends from back in Joliet use it to stay in contact so those are nuggets. A semi-positive is the less restrictive regulations on what can be posted/discussed but there are negatives as well to that sort of posting. For me I just can't abide all the posted CREPE and I just keep thinking over and over "Yea, so, who gives a flying fork!!" Then the phoney so called "News" that gets posted and people actually believe
I have this deal with the social media. I ignore them and they leave me alone.
 
Great to know you're safe, and hope you can still be here with us.
 
With all guys here Artesh. Glad you're safe. :wave:
 
Thank goodness your safe Artesh, please stay that way and am looking forward to when times may be better.
 
Stay safe, from both sides.
I am sure that many others here join me in thinking of you and hoping for you and your family and friends continues safety. 🙏
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back