My Kids 1st Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
Kids have been stuck in the house ill lately. So tonight we built some chuck gliders. I built Harry's(aged 2) Clostermans Tempest. Jack(3) built his own Hellcat with some help to put on the prop.

Kids had a great time throwing them about the living room. Jack proved to be a real pilot manging to make it spin and barrel roll!!! I could only manage straight flight.

Both had to take them upstairs at bedtime.

Attachments

• harry.jpg
    harry.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 57
  • jackhell.jpg
    jackhell.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 60
I'm laughing with as I write this, BigZ. Great pics and agree that you have to "hook 'em" early.

My oldest boy made a couple of models. He enjoyed the bonding session, but could give a crumb about airplanes. He's a sports dude through and through. And not at my pushing.

My youngest boy is another story. But not sure if he likes the aviation aspect or the art portion of model making at this point.

Keep at it buddy. Wonderful pics.

Great pics of the kids, and really nice to see the enjoyment in their faces. Watch it though, the expressions tell me they are about to get hooked. By the time they're about 16, it'll be "Dad, can you pay for flying lessons please"!

Cool Bigz! I did the same with my kids with those same 'models'. My oldest is into military stuff and my youngest likes the P-51! Looks like he has the flying down and which side the cockpit goes - up or down! :)

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

We bought several gliders and now they have their own crumpled confederate airforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back