My Mum....Your Help with Wishes Guys!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mum finishes her first course of Chemo today, the Doctor has said she can go home later today, rather than lay around in the hospital waiting for round 2.

So will pick her up when she gives the word, my sister-in-law is going to stay with her.
I guess she will get a checklist of requirements, meds etc and slightest problem to contact them immediately...

I guess this is where the hard part begins..the after the chemo period....is that right Erich?

Wayne
Your right when you talk about the hard part. Reactions to the Chemo differ greatly depending on what type of treatment that you are on and individuals reaction to it.
Personally I found that the worst part was simply being at home with little to do but think about it. Also food lost its taste with everything tasting of metal and I found texture was more important than flavour. A couple of times everything tasted of salt. However there was an upside, for some reason I now like Indian food, something I couldn't take before I was ill.

Let your Mum know that we are all thinking of her

good news Wayne, it must make a small difference for your mum to be at home in her own surroundings

Yep! she is real glad to be home.....

....and she has a sh!t load of pills and a chart laid out for what and when...

Due to the Steroids treatment..diabetes has risen to the surface so another process of testing to do....but she is positive and going forward at the moment, once she gets into a rythm or pattern then I hope things will be even better...time will tell....the only thing p!ssing her off at the moment is the broken arm in plaster, left arm and she is left handed....

I sure am glad she is at home now. Just to be at home has to increase her comfort level 100%. Please keep us updated.

Well, from one lefty to another, I wish your mother luck with that confounded cast;) I have first hand knowledge of having my good arm in a cast for several months. She'll just have to have her loved ones do all of her chores for her and she can be the supervisor;)
Good to hear she is at home, keep getting well.

Yehaaa...way to go mum !.

Really pleased that things are on the up for you, having just trawled through this thread. Crickey, with all the good wishes being sent from around the World, you should be walking around with a smile a mile wide !!!

And dont worry about the plaster, I'm sure Dan would want it when it comes off, so he can modify into a drop-tank for the Mini- Corsair !!!

As for Lucky's suggestion about signing it, if Wayne can get a piccie of said offending item, get it on the site with a suitable backdrop, we can all download it one at a time and add a small signature before reposting it. Should be quite a collection when finished !

Whadja fink guys ?

You realise of course that if we all signed the original it would double in weight from all the ink !

Wonderful news Wayne! The very fact that your Mum is home shows that there must be an improvement, and I'm praying with everyone else that it'll continue. So, no modelling for you for awhile - you'll be too busy being told what to do by mum!

Wonderful news Wayne! The very fact that your Mum is home shows that there must be an improvement, and I'm praying with everyone else that it'll continue. So, no modelling for you for awhile - you'll be too busy being told what to do by mum!

No modelling ?...yeah right....I bet a tinnie its camouflaged before the weekend with kill marks and all !:lol:

...I'll see if I can get a Pic....she hates having her picture taken.....can't sign the actual cast anyway the b@stard is Purple!

I've got to stop hanging around the modelling section so much, I just found this thread, sorry for taking so long to respond Wayne!

My dad beat cancer last year, your mum can do it too Wayne. Chemo is an awful ordeal for people to endure, but Mrs. Little sounds like a fighter! I know its early days now, but with your love and support she can do it.

You, your mum and your family are in my thoughts.

Wayne:

Chemo is the stinks man............... it really dries up the soul outwardly and inwardly. A very depressing time, ah but there is light at the end of the tunnel when that stuff is all done with. you may want to just take time and tell your mom how lovely she looks and that you love here to pieces to brighten up her day ? does she like flowers ?

E ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back