My Progress in Modeling.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seeing Waynes photos of his baseline model which shows how he's progressed in the hobby, I decided to open this thread to show where I started from, to where I am now....

I have built 4 models so far since starting it up... I built a few when I was a kid, but just ended up blowing them up.... All u guys here motivated me to try the hobby again....

The first is my first attempt, handbrushed 1/32 Bf109F-4
The second is #2 with my very first use of airbrush, 1/32 Fw109A-8
Third is my very first armor job, 1/35 Panther AusfA
Fourth is very latest attempt and my first entry in our very first Group Build, 1/32 Fw190D-9

Attachments

• view02a.jpg
    view02a.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 88
  • view02b.jpg
    view02b.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 90
  • view01d.jpg
    view01d.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 81
  • view02c.jpg
    view02c.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 82
Les, the -190 and the Panther are phenomenal. While the others are not any slop by any means, those two stick out. Beauties my friend. Beauties.

Great pics Dan. From an excellent start with the '109, you've gone from PPL to winner of the Sword of Honour at Top Gun! Great work in such a short time, and with only 4 models!

Very nice. The hand brushed one looks airbrushed, now thats saying somethin'! Id have to say I like the tank the most, it shows all of your learned skills in one complete model. Although an aircraft lover, I must say the truth on that one. :D

The 109 kit was made by 21st Century Toys Matt....

Thanks a ton guys.... I see huge steps in the right direction between the 109 and the 190 Dora.... The detailed eye can see how I went from doing it to doing it correctly....

Thanks once again to all the guys here who made me take pride in my work: Wayne, Wojtek, Jan, Terry, Chris and Matt, I couldnt have done this kind of work without ur guidance and support....

Kick *ss good Brother! Makes you wonder how good the Corsair will become...

1. Fifth kit...
2. Fourth using the airbrush....
3. Most important, the Corsair being a tribute to your Grandfather...

I have all the belief in you and that this one will be a right out killer!

:notworthy:

Thanks for the acknowledgement Dan, although I might have been more of a bl**dy nuisance than a help!
Like Jan, I'm REALLY looking forward to your Corsair mate, I have the feeling it's going to be more than a show-stopper!
Roll on the PTO build!

Lovely stuff Dan, I love the splinter scheme on the 109, and the damage! One thing I see is you have improved with every build.

I don't have any consistancy, my 109 for the GB is crap compared to my previous build, the battered corsair, and that spit i just built is even worse than the 109! :lol:

Personally the best one I think I've done so far is a hairy-brush painted Tamiya Zeke I built last year, I think it was the my 3rd build after a 20 year gap. I haven't improved on that one yet!

So you should be proud of your modelling talents, and like the lads say above, I can't wait to see your Corsair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back