MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spent 4 hours spreading 8 wiggle loads of crush to make a helo pad, about 45'x25' with zero degrees of slope in length and width....kinda. When the helicopter arrives in the morning it lands on the very edge. I could have spread a wheelbarrow load in 30 seconds a called it a day.

That's a Eurocopter AS-350B-2. Note the tire tracks from some maintenance clown driving where he shouldn't

Thanks guys

Zero degrees of slope? How does the guy that designed that expect it to shed the rain and snow melt? Sounds like a design for a puddle.

I think (hope) it's just for the summer but you are right Glenn. It's at the bottom of a large hill and just off to the right of the pic and below is a very large area of mud in which I spent a few anxious moments extracting myself from

I haven't paid close attention, but there seems to be a lot of these entering the firefighting fleets, replacing the older CL-215s and the various converted WW2 veteran airframes. At first the Air Tractor's don't seem to be equivalent replacements, but their design screams practicality. Undoubtedly easier to get parts for them too.

Users who are viewing this thread