New Dutchlander.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

darka

Airman
I'm Arjen. Most call me Aaron..
33 yrs of age. Live in a town called Leeuwarden. It's 1 of the 5 (really don't know for sure) airbases Holland still has.
I've lived my life near the approach of EHLW. and so was another interest born like most of us I think.

My interest goes mostly to props. Why?? don't know. Perhaps its like music. They hardly make good music these day's. neither do they build nice planes in my humble opinion.
My best interest goes to the post WWII years until the seventies..

The moments I can see old planes fly are rare, so i decided to do some scale modelling to see some. Still learning but really enjoy it.
On a dutch forum i'm busy for quite some time so I ctrl-c ctrl-v some of my best made models over here.
Hope you like them:

00006%7E0.jpg

00006%7E3.jpg

100_5636.jpg

wyvern_098.jpg

mohawk_079.jpg

My being here is mostly to find a lot of good references and perhaps I can be of any help to you guys.
If you have any questions at all... don't hesitate...

Arjen

Hey Aaron, welcome aboard. Nice selection of models...especially like the '51 (well...I would, wouldn't I !) and the Wyvern. Sweet

Thnx everybody..

Soon i will start my first kit on this forum.
And for later this year (may 1st) i'm looking for references for an Aussie p39.. does anybody have any suggestions??

I will search this forum a bit better, but perhaps someone can push me the right way. :)

Thnx mate. I knew te excistence of this book. I ordered the R.R. decal for the p39.
Luckily my 'grocery store' has one book left.

Are there coloured pics/drawings in it?? or is it just information and b/w pics.
My main issue is the paint scheme. Red Roo is scares in decal placement.

Thnx for the Mustang. I try to build most of my planes australian.

thanks guys!! its really a great welcome.
it's good to here that someone is welcome in a world where lot's of you already come for a while.
If you want to see more pics of a specific plane i've built... got lots. The wyvern is perhaps the one i'm most proud of.. and ofcourse the p51. its a really well done thing if i may say.. all done with AlcladII paints.
I should say.. If you ever want to visit Holland. let me know.. can tell you lots of ins and outs.

For now im still hoping for some OZ p39 ref's. otherwise i'll just buy the Red Roo Book..

Hoping this weekend to start a new kit. Just finished a f9 panther for my blue angels collection.
So next will be perhaps the majestic F8 Bearcat..

Aaron

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back