Ontos's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, I thought the rose picture was missing something so I made the frame. It was pretty easy to do in Photoshop, with the help of tutorials. :D 8)

Went for another walk on my hill. It seems like I just can't get away from here.

Attachments

• IMG_0521 A Resized.jpg
    IMG_0521 A Resized.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0536 A Resized.jpg
    IMG_0536 A Resized.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0557 A Resized.jpg
    IMG_0557 A Resized.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0560 A Resized.jpg
    IMG_0560 A Resized.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 72
Thanks all. That Hawk seems to be getting nice and comfortable in my yard, he's almost a regular. Here are some pictures I took recently. The Riverside Police Helicopter and my Hawk friend, and a hungry Yellow Finch.

Attachments

• IMG_0586 A Sized.jpg
    IMG_0586 A Sized.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0580 A Sized.jpg
    IMG_0580 A Sized.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0587 A Sized.jpg
    IMG_0587 A Sized.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0588 A Sized.jpg
    IMG_0588 A Sized.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0590 A Sized.jpg
    IMG_0590 A Sized.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 74
Thanks all for the comments. Eric how do I get better shots of the choppers? I took another one today of a private helicopter and I still get the rotors stooped similar to the RPD chopper, do I need to get more blur? and how do I do that? I used the auto settings.

Here's something to try, and it's how I got used to my Pentax when I first got it (hadn't shot with a SLR in 20 years before that).

If your camera is on Program Automatic, look and see what the readout is showing for shutter speed, then go to Shutter Priority (manual selected shutter speed) and try a close shutter speed that's a little slower or faster, depending on the effect you want. Faster to stop the blades, slower to give more blur.

Watching what the camera does while in automatic mode can give you an idea of what you might like to try in manual mode for shutter speed or aperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back