Our Friend, pbfoot

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad to hear you are home and doing well, Neil. I know where you are coming from..... remember, I've been there. PM me your phone number and I will call you.
Maybe a little "one on one" will help. The urostomy bag takes a lot of getting use to..... I am on a two hour dumping schedule, and it works for me unless I
drink a lot of tea. Tea goes through me like a dose of epsom salts. You'll have to figure out what works for you.

Hope you do as well recovering as I did. It'll be slow for awhile, but it will pick up. Milkshakes are great for putting weight back on..

Cheers...

Charles

Great to hear your doing OK Neil! A speedy recovery.

Excellent news! Glad your in your own bed and recovering. It's nice to not have the nurses come in every 2 hours to take your blood pressure and you can get some rest.

Good news that you're back, you take care and have a speedy return to normal service !

Neil and Charles...'Ake ake kia kaha': Ever be strong!
Wishing you both a full and speedy recovery.

I have spoken to Neil twice, on the phone, since he came out of the hospital. We've compared notes and even found out his incision is shorter than mine. Mine starts above the navel and curls around it, his starts under the navel. They both go down as far as possible, and still stay on the abdomen. Because I had my surgery almost two months before his, I shared some of my experiences with him. We've both found problems with food..... with me it's pork (causes cramps) and with him it's jalapeño peppers. I have a pic of my stomach the day after my surgery, he didn't want or get one. It's definately not for publication here on the forum, but if someone really wants to see it, PM me with your email address.

It's just going to take time for both of us to get back to normal. I don't know how much weight he lost, but I lost 17 pounds. In a year you'd never know we had the surgery !

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back