Pet Peeves?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I hate it when people automatically assume they're better than you, or know more than you (may be true, but you don't have to be a prick about it).

I hate it when people don't have the common courtesy to hold the door for someone, or wave a quick thanks when you let them merge on the highway.

I hate people who could care less about anyone else 95% of the year, then turn into the biggest philanthropists and social workers between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I hate Christmas music/specials on TV. Seriously. Everybody's heard the standard Christmas carols. Come up with something new, don't keep re-vamping "White Christmas". You're NOT better than Bing Crosby.

My favourite pet peeve is definitely work radio.
I just can't stand having a radio blaring away while trying to work, I just can't concentrate!
And I cannot for the life of me understand WHY people can stand it, let alone focus on anything, while having one of the darned things cranked up to Lord knows how high!
Especially if it's tuned in to one of those awful radio stations that only plays "Thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk"-music....argh!!!
I definitely feel like chucking the %¤%¤ thing out the window, just to be able to work - or even better, have some peace while having my lunch!
In my little world, you either listen or you work, I can't do both at the same time.
Car radios are even worse. You either listen, or you drive. End of story.
Multi-tasking my a$$! :lol:

And I'm with you guys on the subject on young people's pants.
I really feel like grabbing a nail gun so that I can nail the darned things to the hips of those guys - in proper pants fashion, and NOT the so-called "rap" or "gangsta" way.

128856597472132189.jpg

I hate it when people automatically assume they're better than you, or know more than you (may be true, but you don't have to be a prick about it).

I hate it when people don't have the common courtesy to hold the door for someone, or wave a quick thanks when you let them merge on the highway.

I second this.

I think a Christmas Carol was one of the best books I've read.

Although it's technically not illegal, I hate when people don't use blinkers on the highway (sitting as the passenger) and just randomly change lanes on you. :evil:

I hate when in class kids who didn't read a book when they were suppose to get extra time for a test. We read A Christmas Carol in school and a kid didn't read so instead of the hour we had for a test, he got 2 hours and to use the book. The kid is perfectly fine..

...I hate when people don't use blinkers on the highway

...a kid didn't read so instead of the hour we had for a test, he got 2 hours and to use the book. The kid is perfectly fine..
lol that's a bit a relief, but 'blinkers' means something else over here; you put them on racehorses to stop them seeing what's going on to the sides of them (and thus distracting them) :)
Don't worry - I know what you meant

That is pretty wrong, he's learning all kinds of bad things that he's not going to get away with when he embarks on his career (whatever that might be)

after spending large amounts of money making all sidewalks wheel chair accessable , many people like to drive their powered chairs on the road ignoring the sidewalk

I hate seeing someone who weighs 400 pounds use the store cart to scoot around on. Lose some weight, especially when there's countless elderly folks shuffling slowly around the store, not using the cart because they have the ability to move under their own power (however slowly). Or someone who's overweight and expects to get that extra seat in Economy for free. You're using both seats, you pay for both seats.

Things that annoy me.....

1. The Dallas Cowboys......no, wait. They don't annoy me. I just hate them.

(start over)
1. People getting gas and they have their sh!tty rap music turned up as if I needed to hear what they are listening to.
2. I'll second the votes for white people acting black and people showing off their underwear. Makes me want to give them the worlds worst weegie.
3. People that make noise for no reason at all. i.e. Tapping pen on the desk, humming or whistling no song in particular, etc.

Amen Thorlifter!! I hate all of those things, and i'm especially glad for your number 3, i just have always thought that i'm the only one who gets bothered by that

People who don't use their indication lights whilst driving annoys me a lot as-well. That and when people first use them as soon as they start their turn, WAKE UP! THATS TOO LATE! The indicators are meant to be activated some time BEFORE you make the turn, so that the poor guy behind you doesn't involuntarily park his car up your ass!

People who don't use their indication lights whilst driving annoys me a lot as-well. That and when people first use them as soon as they start their turn, WAKE UP! THATS TOO LATE! The indicators are meant to be activated some time BEFORE you make the turn, so that the poor guy behind you doesn't involuntarily park his car up your ass!
That happened to me today on my way into town
approaching a roundabout, over he came, no indicator. Jumped on the middle pedal and went for an unscheduled skating lesson - he didn't need to be a lip-reader to understand exactly what I thought of that stunt

I hate seeing someone who weighs 400 pounds use the store cart to scoot around on. Lose some weight, especially when there's countless elderly folks shuffling slowly around the store, not using the cart because they have the ability to move under their own power (however slowly). Or someone who's overweight and expects to get that extra seat in Economy for free. You're using both seats, you pay for both seats.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to argue with that.

sure, some people who are overweight CAN be able to fix it. but some can't. some people have chronic disorders like Fibromyalgia and can't use the exercise, or take the pills that make you lose weight, as some are diabetic. not sure i that makes a difference or not. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back