Please welcome Njaco and Gnomey as moderators (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

let me make following simple suggestion:

- restrict this forum to aviation matters only
- no political discussions
- discourage use of slang language inasmuch as many members do not use English as their mother tongue and find difficulties in grasping sense
- discourage the use of vulgar words or idioms
- encourage discussion about serious thematics and discourage useless banter
- no discussions about race or creed superiority
- encourage the use of polite talks

If you think the above is reasonable....
Enjoy your moderation gentlemen!
carson1934:):):)

Shall we call you Mao or Stalin???

:lol:

Just kidding, while I agree that discussions should be polite, the rest is not going to happen.

Why?

1. This is free world.

2. Freedom of Speech (we do not restrict that where I come from).

3. This is an internet forum, if all those things are restricted the place would be boring!

List of unrealistic wishes becouse you can't restrict creative thinking and freedom of speech. All you can do is to remain polite and respectful when discussing about something...

There goes the Off-Topic forum...

- discourage use of slang language inasmuch as many members do not use English as their mother tongue and find difficulties in grasping sense
There goes any insight for non-English speaking members into everyday English from ALL nations of the English-speaking world - how do you know they don't want to hear that kind of stuff? Does this legislation extend to the Multilingual Corner?

There goes my Viper vs X-Wing thread... :)

1. Are they gonna flash their "stripes" every five minutes from now on?
2. Do we have to be nice to them now....?

Funny thing is, I would expect all those points to be common sense and mostly upheld as best as everyone can. As far as the english, which one? I know slang from them redcoats and diggers even gets me once in awhile. :) Al lgreat points but like life, ain't gonna happen all the time.

let me make following simple suggestion:

- no political discussions
- no discussions about race or creed superiority
- encourage the use of polite talks

If you think the above is reasonable....
Enjoy your moderation gentlemen!
carson1934:):):)
Well damn...

For a second there I thought we were gonna loose our smokin' and drinkin' privileges and, God forbid, the BREAKING NEWS thread too! :lol:

Way to go guy's !

Errrr, does that mean we have to refer to you as 'sir' from now on ?. Only jokidding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back