Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i was at the plymouth military show and this little kid saw the tucano and said to his dad "Daddy is that a spitfire" and the dad truthfully replied "i don't know" that much ignorance is wrong!

Dornier J II 10 Wal ---> paper built (finished today), 1:100.

Attachments

• wal_2_263.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 507
  • wal_5_374.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 509
  • wal_6_137.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 507
Here's a topic I posted on finescalemodeler.com. I hope those experts gonna help me. Feel free to comment it (worthless to say it lol........)

I think you should dirt up the panel lines, as in my opinion it doesn't look nice. They should be darker than the paint on wings. As the wings are black, leave the lines black as well.

The La-5... hmmm... it might be painfull, but the painting... hmmm... please - repaint it! Also I'm wondering if the blue paint should be glossy?

I can't see the pics of P-51, something is wrong with them.

toffigd said:
I think you should dirt up the panel lines, as in my opinion it doesn't look nice. They should be darker than the paint on wings. As the wings are black, leave the lines black as well.
OK, why not.

toffigd said:
The La-5... hmmm... it might be painfull, but the painting... hmmm... please - repaint it! Also I'm wondering if the blue paint should be glossy?
With what should I take off the colour?

toffigd said:
I can't see the pics of P-51, something is wrong with them.

Thanks,
Pisis

It's not the matter of wrong colors, but quality of painting. Put another layer of paint without taking off what You've already put on Lawoczkin, but this time do it more precisely. What I'm trying to point out are the lines when dark grey turn into light grey camouflage color.

And I would put a matt Humbrol 89 blue - if I remember well, Russian fighters were painted matt not glossy.

And the pics of Mustang are still not uploading...

OK, but it has already two layers on it, I'm not sure another one would be the best thing to do... I'm not satisfied with the paint overall, do you know some way how to take off the entire color coating?

And here's the pix of the Mustang, repeated:

Attachments

• p51_front_202.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 400
  • p51_side_942.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 403
  • p51_belly_329.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 403
Some more of Dornier Wal and a pic of RWD-8 I'm currently working on.

Attachments

• wal_8_148.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 368
  • wal_10_164.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 356
  • wal_7_182.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 357
  • rwd8_1_277.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 366
I know, I'm probably really boring, but... here are some more pics of my models!!!!! Jak-1 (paper model published sth about 1975) hanging under the ceiling in my summer house near Olsztyn.

Attachments

• jak1_1_353.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 343
  • jak1_2_823.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 347
  • jak1_4_980.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 346
  • jak1_3_121.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 352

Users who are viewing this thread